Leak from return connection (to T)which I had to remove last year to renew burst hose. Why is the thin black return hose deformed? Is the black thing stuck in the nut part of the problem?
The black bit is the remains of the snapped hose. The part of it that is serving as an olive is not an O-ring but appears to be moulded on... What to do, spend a lifetime looking for hose or superglue an O ring? Leave the bottom plate off so I can quickly see a leak..?
No, the black bit is not the remains of a snapped hose; in fact nothing had snapped. I went to the other end, inside the drive motor. It turns out it's a sleeve acting as a type of olive; and the 'waist' indent on the tube is not a deformity, cos it's on this other end, too... But side by side, it's clear that one sleeve is worn/deformed, whatever. The parts catalogue doesn't show it. Is this a part common to such systems, or exclusively Takeuchi...? Doubtless nobody will have one. I will put the good sleeve underneath and maybe the worn one with some thing wrapped round in the drive motor end and leave the plate off; far easier to work on.