return hose removed, clearly damaged. Is it missing an insert, I wonder. Or do I just cut the crimped in part off, shove it on the pipe protruding from the T connector? When I removed the nut there is a short black piece stuck inside; not sure if this is part of the pipe or a kind of clamp. I try to upload it but not sure it's going to work... I could remove the pipe on the other side but am not going to invite trouble. This is my second post and I think I've gone about it wrong: I started by what I thought was loading half doz photos, and was going to write when they were up. I think I should have started with the text then added photos, so sorry for that.
Just viewed my post. Can't see how to edit so will follow up here. Should have said there's a leak!! I had to remove this hose last year when replacing the new hydraulic the nut of which is 'hidden' behind corner such that even a crow's foot couldn't get in. Was dreading that the leak today was coming from there cos I hadn't (couldn't) tighten it properly, the spanner having to fit at a 45° angle instead of square on. Well thanks for your patience. Doing this on the phone is probably not the best way of doing this, e.g. "dropping" a photo is probably only possible on the Big screen where you can be sure of the photo you're uploading...
Update. Removed the other end in the drive motor. The problem was that the 10mm black return line terminates in a short sleeve with bulge around it serving as an olive. The one causing the leak is worn. I've switched it with the one from the drive which is so much more accessible. Tried repair with heat shrink. Not going in the nut. No mention of the part in catalogue or expanded view.