Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tb016 questions

Mark Foreman ยท 2022-04-14 17:34

Ser# 11605334. Is it normal for the hydraulics to weaken when traveling and operating the boom together. Also when I elevate the machine with the blade and boom the hydraulics will leak down in 5-10 minutes. Is that normal? Or are these indicators of problems, and if so where should I be looking? Also after a few hours of operation, air develops in the fuel water seperator. I bleed it out, and hours later it's back. If when air is in it, I close the shutoff valve the air disappears. Would this indicate air coming from tank or fuel lines, and also ruling out the lift pump, as the shutoff valve is closed? Thanks ahead. I've learned a lot from this forum. Hope you guys can help me out.

Replies8
  1. #1Mark Foreman2022-04-15 07:08

    To clarify what I'm saying in the above post, when I'm only operating the boom when digging, the hydraulics are strong. The hydraulics are strong when moving the machine forward or back, but when the 2 are combined, the hydraulics weaken.

  2. #2peadarw2022-04-15 09:48

    most machines ive driven are like that i think volvo is the only exception so ive been told never drove a volvo so i dunno not sure about the air situation hopefully somebody else can answer that

  3. #3scottwolowich2022-04-15 12:01

    Is the air in the separator affecting the operation of the engine? You could go over your fuel lines and connections if it's bothering you otherwise carry on.

  4. #4Mark Foreman2022-04-15 12:06

    The air in the fuel water seperator, when it's there has not had any effect on the engine. But I can't help worry that at some point it might .

  5. #5scottwolowich2022-04-15 12:11

    Some bubbling can be normal.

  6. #6Mark Foreman2022-04-15 12:16

    Thanks, I wasn't sure about that.

  7. #7Mark Foreman2022-04-15 15:06

    Any input concerning my hydraulic issues, as in hydraulics getting weak when operating tracks and boom at same time, and when the machine is elevated via blade and boom, it leaks down. Is that normal?

  8. #8scottwolowich2022-04-15 15:36

    That is normal to have the hydraulics feel weakened while operating multiple functions. Leaking down over 10 minutes or so isn't too bad, but does show some internal bypassing of the seals in your cylinder. Depends how you are using the machine but to me it doesn't sound like it needs immediate attention.