Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB125 Intermittent ignition problem

Mr.Excavator ยท 2025-06-21 11:01

Hi, I'm having an issue with my newly acquired TB125. Sometimes when you turn the key to the on position the instrument cluster lights do not illuminate and the fuel pump doesn't come on. When this happens the machine will crank but will not start. I can hear the fuel solenoid click but i think it doesn't get enough voltage to hold it open. This problem will suddenly correct it self and the machine will run fine. Then you hit a bump and it will shutoff. Is there a relay that could cause this? Already checked the 3 fusible links by battery and all fuses and battery connections. Also what would be the procedure to providing direct voltage to the fuel solenoid to hold it open in case I'm in a situation where i need to start it and am having this issue? I see it has a 3 wire connector, if I remember correctly it was a white wire, black wire, and yellow wire. I'm thinking i can provide temporary power with a small jumper wire or by chance does the injection pump have a manual leaver or something that can be tied open temporally? Thanks for any brain storming and ideas

Replies2
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-06-22 09:33

    Take the connector apart for the fuel solenoid and OHM the yellow wire and the white wire the black wire. The one with the higher OHMS, it will be quite high, is your pull in coil. The one with the lower OHMS will be your holding coil. To bypass this you would need to either manually engage the solenoid and provide 12v to the holding coil or rig up a switch that would provide 12v to the pull in coil, that could then be switched over to the holding coil. It is slightly complicated enough that you would be better off fixing your ignition problems. Or, if stuck, just zip tie the solenoid arm open, or clamp it. Be careful. I have a push button and on off switch wired up, with alligator clamps for ignition testing, with long leads for work anyway, so I can work with that.

  2. #2Mr.Excavator2025-06-22 18:38

    Thanks for the reply and the info. My problem ended up being a wire corroded off of the relay located under the swing motor.