Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB138FR broken boom connecting link

Ads ยท 2016-12-28 19:35

Hi All, Has anyone seen this before. It looks like it it was cracked for a while. Cheers. Adam.

Replies8
  1. #1KSSS2016-12-29 00:07

    I cracked mine on an early (03 model) TB53FR. I cant remember if it was in that same spot. They changed the design after that, and I have had three additional TB153FR's and never had a problem.

  2. #2Ads2016-12-29 06:36
  3. #3melli2016-12-29 16:20

    Wow, you got it fixed up?! Thought it was near impossible to weld cast breaks, and have them hold. Or is that cold rolled steel? If the latter, I would see about beefing it up if clearance allows it. Sweet. That must be a relief.

  4. #4Ads2016-12-30 01:05

    It was air arc gouged then re-welded so there isn't really anything different to the factory weld except it was done correctly this time. I'm painting it tonight and fitting it in the morning so I'll let you know how it goes.

  5. #5fast_st2016-12-30 04:14

    Cast steel just likes a bit of preheat and post heat, completely good to weld. So you saw some defects in the original welds?

  6. #6Ads2016-12-31 14:57

    Not so much weld defects but lack of weld.

  7. #7fast_st2016-12-31 21:28

    Gotcha, looks like it started on that thin side there? Might want to check the opposite side, might have been the same welder.

  8. #8Ads2016-12-31 22:34

    The whole weld has been removed and re-done. It's spot on now.