Greetings HEFers! Clueless in AK... The tb145 has cab swing, and just swing the boom, not sure the correct terminology. I need to remove the boom swing cylinder- one pin is easy access, but the other is under the cab and gas tank. Anyone familiar with this setup? Hoping for a clue as to how to remove that rear pin. Thanks.
Dirt What is you email ? I have the service and parts manual .
Thanks tool king, can't figure out how to direct msg you. Thought it was bad policy to post an email to a forum, ie easy pickins for the spambots- and nobody wants that.
Click on user name, then click on "start a conversation.", but......you'll need more posts on here to qualify. All my Takeuchi have tilt up cab. Does yours?
It does, but I haven't even done that yet. Just got the machine, but it seems like the cylinder is more under the tank than the cab. Didn't want to go thru the trouble of lifting the cab to get nowhere.
The pin comes out the bottom .Their are two bolts hold the pin retainer plate. Shot me email [email protected] Thanks Ed
Thanks Tool King! What an invaluable resource. As you said, the manual shows those threaded holes on the bottom of the swing cylinder pin are for the keeper. As mine had no keeper, I'm guessing the previous owner removed it, then tried but failed to pull the pin- probably hoped it would fall out. I'll try to thread some bolts and pull it, but being below 30 right now and no acet/oxy available, chances are slim.
You can click on the little envelope on the top right when you go into a forum as well to start a PM.
Just an update on how I got the pin out, maybe it will help someone else. I had the front pin out and the cylinder could swing freely in the bracket, so I left it there thinking it needed support so the cylinder wasn't 'hanging' from the rear pin. But that wasn't the case... after failing to rotate the pin with lots of heating and beating, i finally got the clue to take the front end out of the bracket, which had a bit of tension on it... machine had been damaged and the ram wasn't lined up straight. So after completely freeing the ram end, the stuck pin would rotate freely- yay. Then it was just drill 4 holes and weld a couple of nuts onto a 6" piece of 3/8" angle iron for my puller, and it slid right out. Whew, what a relief. Thanks again HEF! ps on edit- after getting the pin out- there was a deep slot cut into the bottom end, meant for a pry bar to pull it out, but without the keeper (how I got machine) the pin had moved and I had no idea the groove was there. So the puller worked great but probably not necessary if you know about the pry bar slot.
That slot is for the retainer bar.