Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB153FR mowing

tomo ยท 2013-04-07 16:13

I'm looking at an 08 TB153 FR and was wanting to put some kind of mower on it. I was looking at a 40 inch mulcher. Has anyone tried a rotary type like you pull behind your tractor, I've seen a few of those on the net. I'm mainly going to mow under brush, ditches, ponds.......Thanks for your input.

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2013-04-07 18:19

    I just bought my 3rd TB153 since 2003. I traded for the 2012 version just to get the improved GPM performance. The pre '12 models have about 14.8 gpm. Thats not a lot of flow. The newer models have like 24 gpm. I bought a Rockhound 30HD mower for it. I have not used it yet to tell you how it works. If you are going to run the 14.8 version as is the 08 I would not get a 40" mower. The machine I think would handle the weight, but each blade takes psi and flow to run effectively, the 153 does not have a lot to give in that regard.