Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB175 Coolant level/oil pressure shutdown?

S Kienas ยท 2022-11-05 19:15

My TB175 has an intermittent shutdown on start up from the coolant level/oil pressure circuit. It will start and run until it times out and then shut down. The fault light does not go out. Coolant level and oil pressure is good. Trying to determine the circuit/s in order to troubleshoot.

Replies8
  1. #1Toddgarage2022-11-12 17:07

    Repaired a number of Takeuchi machines with the alarm triangle warning symbol flashing and shutting down the machine. Did anyone work on the machine recently and this problem occurred. 1-check fluid levels 2-check basic sensors like the temps, oil pressure and hydraulic temp/pressure. The sensor wire might be frayed or possibly unplugged. 3-check battery voltage, check and fuse block for any blown or dirty fuses. Try the most basic things first. Even a battery disconnect is worth a try.

  2. #2heymccall2022-11-12 18:28

    Unplug coolant level sensor. Attach chassis wire to ground. Does light go out?

  3. #3Shawn Van Pelt2023-08-07 16:46

    Where are all the oil and water sensors located? I found 2 in middle of block, both sides and 2 on the radiator hoses but dealer tells me there are more but can't tell me where. I have the same problem with shut down 5-7 seconds after start and light blinking for oil/water sensor. Ive run all four that I found to ground and doesn't change. Thanks

  4. #4heymccall2023-08-07 17:02

    Water level sensor, black wire in sensor, blue w/ yellow stripe wire on harness. Ground that circuit to eliminate.

  5. #5heymccall2023-08-07 17:05

    Oil pressure switch is normally closed. Disconnect to eliminate.

  6. #6heymccall2023-08-07 17:11

    Water over temp switch is normally open. Has yellow w/ black tracer wire. Disconnect single bullet terminal to eliminate. Not shown, but should be in Tstat housing near shown sensor (that one is gauge sensor).

  7. #7heymccall2023-08-07 17:12

    From schematic below

  8. #8kidder6042024-10-06 18:17

    Thanks for this awesome write up. I have the exact same issue. Before I found this thread, I even changed the oil pressure sensor/switch twice as the first time it seemed to fix the stopping. But it is happening again. I have tried grounding the water level sensor and grounding then grounding and removing the oil pressure sensor and every combination in between. Any other thoughts? Thanks, C