Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tb230 excavator

James Ghawaly ยท 2025-03-10 18:52

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice. I have a Takeuchi TB230 excavator. Great machine however having an issue. My problem is it will not throttle up when the throttle dial is turned up. The instrument panel shows it's goes to full throttle but no change in RPM's and stays on low idle. No alarms and nothing on the instrument panel indication an issue. Also, no fault codes. Checked all fuses and wiring looks good. Only thing I did different was change the battery. Checked everything in case I disturbed something when changing battery but everything looks good. Any advise would greatly but appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #174inchShovel2025-06-22 17:38

    Curious how this played out having the same problem

  2. #2James Ghawaly2025-06-22 19:01

    It drove me crazy trying to find the issue. Finally found out that it was the accelerator rocker switch on the right side were the light switch is located. I cleaned the terminal and it works perfectly. It had a little corrosion(not much) but just enough. I hope this helped and good luck. Please update and let me know if it helped.