Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ECR58 No joystick controls or tracks

invictus911 · 2025-03-10 19:32

I have a ECR58, Upon startup, I have no joystick controls or track movement. The blade and the auxiliary lines work. When I move the left red handle up and down it disengaged the auxiliary port pressure so the switch is working. Please help, Thanks, ERIK

Replies15
  1. #1Ben Witter2025-03-10 21:31

    Serial number and model variant? there are several variations of the ECR58.

  2. #2invictus9112025-03-11 07:01

    ecr58y10470

  3. #3Ben Witter2025-03-11 16:54

    The blade is cable controlled so it does not rely on pilot pressure to operate. The joystick. travel and auxiliary functions do rely on pilot oil to operate. The only difference being the auxiliary spool is controlled by electrical valves. They all get pilot oil from the same distribution block. When you say auxiliary lines do you mean you are pressing the buttons on the right joystick? Has anyone been into this machine and made any changes to the servo/pilot lines?

  4. #4invictus9112025-03-11 17:01

    Yes, the left button switches control the quick release system, there are two buttons you push simultaneously to release the geith quick release. That is working and it deactivates when you pull up the left red handle so I believe the switch for safety is functioning. There was a modification for the servo back pressure on the thumb but it has worked many times and no changes have been made subsequently

  5. #5Ben Witter2025-03-11 17:31

    Ok that is not the auxiliary hydraulics that is the quick fit. I would suspect given none of the travel or main hydraulic functions work you have and issue with safety solenoid on the solenoid valve block above the Hydraulic pump. They are arranged safety towards the adjustable relief then travel speed and X1. With the safety lever up you should have power to the safety solenoid. If you have no power you need to check electrical and if you have power you can swap the X1 cartridge with the safety and see if it works.

  6. #6invictus9112025-03-11 18:27

    Ok, solenoid closest to pump always has power, middle solenoid never has power, solenoid furthest from pump cycles power with the red handle on and off.

  7. #7invictus9112025-03-11 18:38

    Ok, I swapped the electro coil part of the valve, still not working, should I swap the actual mechanical valve part as well?

  8. #8invictus9112025-03-15 09:48

    What do you think?

  9. #9Ben Witter2025-03-16 12:57

    You can try swapping the cartridge but I would suggest putting in a gauge and testing the servo pressure rather than guessing.

  10. #10invictus9112025-03-16 13:08

    It was the valve, it was stuck. Just had to actuate the solenoid with a power probe, No click, took it apart, valve was jammed. Cleaned it up, all fixed now. Thank you for the help

  11. #11rhett denard2025-11-23 21:30

    Do you have a picture of then valve that was stuck? I have the same issue. Never had any trouble since I’ve owned until today. Went to crank it and had nothing. Had to jump solenoid while turning key. Once running, the blade would lift , but no power to actuate the other hydraulics

  12. #12rhett denard2025-11-23 21:31

    Do you have a picture of then valve that was stuck? I have the same issue. Never had any trouble since I’ve owned until today. Went to crank it and had nothing. Had to jump solenoid while turning key. Once running, the blade would lift , but no power to actuate the other hyraulics

  13. #13invictus9112025-11-24 06:48

    Rack of 3 solenoids right side of machine by engine bay. If memory serves..... and its really doesnt lol its the one on the left. Just have someone pull the left handle up and down while you put your hands on the solenoids to feel for click. If no click, its the mechanical solenoid inside stuck or the actual electromagnet which you can swap for one next to it to test. Also, use a multimeter to test voltage command while moving handle inside to confirm which one. I found a picture, it is far left. That silver cylinder comes off, the valve that may be stuck is inside.

  14. #14invictus9112025-11-24 06:51
  15. #15dirthog2025-11-24 10:37

    What are you using for hydraulic oil that looks like half water?