Bought my first excavator, Takeuchi TB250. The machine has 3260 hrs. It was a sweetheart deal from a friend of a friend. Anyways, I have a couple of questions because I really don't know anything about these excavators. First is,when I did the oil change, I noticed another oil fill other than the one on top of the valve cover, which is where I filled the machine with oil. The other is located next to the fuel pump. I don't know if it uses the motor oil or is it separate from the motor oil. The other issue I'm having is on start up. The machine starts right up but shuts down after a few seconds. This happens every day and does it a couple of times before it starts up and stays running. Seems like it loses prime.
Yes, there are sometimes three places to fill oil in those engines. The lift pumps in those machines are a common failure. The fiber wrapped hoses aren't the best and the spring clamps suck too. It may be advantageous to cut back a little of the hoses at both fuel filter heads and the lift pump and replace the spring clamps with the correct size hose clamps, along with replacing the fuel filters for good measure. If your machine has the clear bowl style separator with the on/off valve, then I would most definitely pay close attention there. The valve on those leaks and the bowl oring is a pain. You can always get a male male hose fitting and bypass the separator just for troubleshooting.
Thanks for the reply. Today I did what you suggested, with the hoses. Only time will tell on whether or not this will help. When I was working on the hoses I didn't see anything that would cause a leak or cause it to lose prime. I'll have to update and see if it helped. Thanks again...