Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar ViO50-2A Oil Pan Removal

boulderinggoat ยท 2023-07-05 05:26

I have an 04 vio50-2a that's pissing oil through the oil pan gasket, needs to be replaced. Seemed simple enough until I realized the belly pan is only big enough for the drain plug, not the pan. There is a much larger ~1" plate that is lower than the rest of the frame under the engine as shown in the 1st pic, though it's welded to the frame in certain spots like the second pic. Is this plate ever intended to be removed (cutting welds and rewelding later), or do I have to pull the motor to change the gasket?

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2023-07-06 10:22

    Good day It may be lifting the motor is the easiest way to replace the gasket. KInd regards Uffex

  2. #2heymccall2023-07-06 10:58

    All the Yanmars that I removed the oil pan on had adhesive, not a gasket. And, they were extremely stubborn to remove. Beyond extremely difficult to unbond.