Good evening all, I have a Take TB53FR, runs great but... the two speed switch doesn't work, at times it feels like the machine is engaging between high and low speed when moving - if that makes sense. The biggest problem with the machine is, when using hydraulics, it will begin to run warm. I've cleaned the radiator, replaced belt and checked the belt tension *direct driven fan, everything seems fine. The machine will cool itself down if you stop using hydraulics and let it idle or even just sit at full throttle - the temp gauge will return to the middle. However, when I start moving or digging, the temp will begin to creep up towards the H mark. The only I guess I have at this point is to change both hydraulic filters. Any other suggestions?
Is #40 foam still around #36 fun ring? As the engine mounts settled in on my TB53FR, it finally broke the fun ring, and all the foam fell out. New radiator, Tstat, water pump, new foam and fun ring, and still ran hot. Finally put smaller water pump pulley on.
Good day The issue you describe appears to be that of over heating hydraulic fluid and not a combination of Engine and fluid, suggest you lift the fluid cooler and make a thorough inspection and clean. Kind regards Uffex
Do I need to unhook the hydraulic cooler in order to lift it?
I left cooler and pulled counterweight and radiator and shroud and fun ring. Plus, I cut away that offensive section that made oil changes a PITA.
Good day It looks as heymccall has made the work and given excellent photo's compliments to him. Kind regards Uffex
Both hydraulic filters? There is only one. The other is the suction screen (washable).
I thought there is one in the tank and one accessible from outside by unbolting the plate and pulling it out.
Yes, mine would send hydraulics to warning temp, and, even when brand new, ran hot on the hydraulics. My idiots would just run it with hood open on days above 60°F. Every piece of foam and the fun ring are mandatory. On mine, the wire guard failed into the fan & radiator. Replaced everything and still ran hot. Put smaller pulley on water pump and never looked back. Pulley and replacement radiator were acquired for much less through Yanmar engine dealer. Counterweight was just nylon strapped on each end and unbolted. 4 bolts, I think. I have crane on my truck. I should've replaced lower engine mounts last time, as I had to pry engine up just to get belt under crank pulley.
Do you remember the what pulley you used? My wire guard is gone, I think the foam and fun ring are as well. Again, with just the engine running the temps will stay in normal operating temp. Heats up when using hydraulics, then, if I stop using hydraulics, temps come back down. Maybe the pulley replacement is the next step.
Email I sent myself...Separator filter is a modification I added to get primary filter life to more than 200hours. Also spaced primary filter head up to accept taller fuel filter (to last longer and be same as my 8 other Takeuchis). The BF7907 Baldwin is only $19 and requires a spacer under filter head bracket. Napa is $40 and Takeuchi is $50.
Filter in circle is a consumable. Filter under "X" is washable screen.
Yes, that's what I tried to order. The supplier sent me the Y filter. Oh well, I'll ship it back and get the right one.
I was fighting same issue when i got mine last spring ended up being exhaust takeuchi says muffler bolts right on manifold then dumps directly down n out on rops and up and out hood on cab machine which it didnt it went all way around hole engine under radiator is muffler i ran it rite up out hood havent had any issues since i redone exhaust hope that helps u n they wanted 600 for muffler so i fabed one up out an old tractor muffler. Mine had exact same symptoms as yours bet thats ur problem
I'd like to see a picture of what you did.
Sorry i dont get on here much im getting ready to permanent my muffler band aid its kinda hideous rite now but ill show u my temporary for the summer fix
Ill post pics after i get new muffler with silence material in it and hood back on
What i dislike is the fuel next to the fire. Just dont fuel while running or when hot be fine
Heres my updated fix and i wraped it with exhaust wrap from amazon ebay yanmar muffler 60 bucks shortened the canister few inches welded back together sorry took so long hope this helps somebody fix what takeuchi fucked us on
Hello, sorry to jump on an old thread. I have exactly the same Digger in the UK and Our symptoms are identical. The engine can be left running for long periods and the temperature gauge stays in the middle however once the hydraulics operate it starts to run hot.the old exhaust had rotted under the radiator so we changed that. I had a look at the in tank hydraulic filter/screen and it seems fine, how do I access the other filter (pictured “Y”)? we really are pulling our Hair out here . Any help greatly appreciated
where is the second filter exactly located?
Watch out with using insulating exhaust wrap as that’s actually what caused my over heating issues!
You never answered what pulley is this?
Right in the middle of post 11?
Thanks I completely missed that. I was probably sitting on the machine. How did tou get that information. When I brought this up the dealer they said they did have problems w the TB260 and there was a smaller pulley available for that machine because it runs got too
Well I did get that smaller pulley installed and it didn't change the hot issue. The way the exhaust is with the muffler under the radiator is a horrible design from Takeuchi. They know better. Looks like I'll be rerouting the exhaust somehow. It's just a bad design. When talking w Takeuchi they said they have a bulletin on the tb260 overheating and sell a smaller pulley for that machine. Unfortunately the pulley didn't solve my issue.