Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB68

Upco Ltd. ยท 2019-06-21 20:13

Just purchased a used TB68 Serial # 68770 with the planetary gears gone in one of the final drives, I'm wondering what my best options are. I read that the China replacements are a different ratio and may need modifications to hook up the hydraulic lines ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies5
  1. #1Fourtencustoms2019-07-02 10:49

    Both final drive gear ratios must match, so either rebuild yours, replace with one that you KNOW matches your ratio, or replace them both. Let us know what you decide! Welcome to the forum and the world of Takeuchi!

  2. #2mitch5042019-07-02 13:35

    There is a member on here who's screen name is - finaldrive. He has been a lot of help to me on takeuchi- wait for it- final drives. make a couple more posts and you can PM him.

  3. #3Upco Ltd.2019-08-20 16:01

    Thanks .... If anyone knows this "final drive" member I would sure appreciate a way of contacting him. I have started rebuilding mine but finding parts is a real issue.....thinking there is a drive out there somewhere that will bolt in without modifying the undercarriage as all the replacement ones i have found require. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks again. Greg

  4. #4heymccall2019-08-20 16:06

    Hasn't been here since june. HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5Chris Hyde2021-09-29 02:22

    Did you fix the final drive or replace it ? I am looking at a TB68 that needs a final drive. Texas Final Drive has them for $2800-$3250 Can you get parts for this machine from Takeuchi dealer still ? I believe this one is a 1988 +/-