I wanted to post this to possibly help someone going through a similar situation and what I’ve learned. I have a 2017 Tak TL12v2 that I use for my excavation and land clearing business. I have 1085 hours on the machine,- about half of them running a Fecon mulching head. I am meticulous on maintenance and upkeep, but the emissions decided to start acting like they typically do. I started getting a random SPN 4364 FMI-1 and an alarm and derate. Random run times, dpf not full, etc. shut the machine off for a bit and alarm and code goes away. Runs fine till it decides to throw the same code and derate again. Took machine to dealer, and they said I had a bad DEF injector. Replaced that, put it to work, 8 minutes later, same code, alarm, and derate. Took back to dealership. Hooked it back up. Decided ACM was malfunctioning. Tak sent them a new one to very. Same issue. Then a NOX sensor starts reading erratically. So all these parts calculated up - comes to about 7k with labor. I picked up broken machine and went through my options and decided to delete it. I got on the net and read through this forum and others, I bit the bullet and ordered an emulator kit for the DPF and DEF. Plug and play, DPF straight pipe Adapter, all for less than a third of price, and can go back stock in less than 2 hours if needed. Plugged box into the respective sensors and unplugged the ACM completely. Been running fine ever since. Fuel consumption has gone down drastically, and machine performance is good as I could ask for. Just wanted to throw this out there if anyone is having the same issues, and maybe save them some time and money.
What roughly did the kit cost?
It was $2100 total. It came with the emulator box, dpf straight pipe adapter, and 100$ shipping
What is the name of company selling kit? Or what did you punch on search bar to find. Just for future refernce as I am certain others will have same problem. I have a 2022 Deere 332G that has had a few glitches with system. Once off warranty, Delete also no doubt. Simon C
Go to www.4dpf.com . The emulator shipped from Poland. I cringed a little when I turned the key on after I plugged everything in. In the instructions it says you may have to go on the computer and change a value on one of the CAN BUS settings. I did. They provide you with the usb plug and the disc with the program. Took about 3 minutes. It says to run with the dpf still on for several hours so everything can “re learn “ I ran it Monday Tuesday and today without any issues- and the ACM os completely unplugged. I took it to my shop this evening and I’m going to install the dpf straight pipe tomorrow morning. I hope this is helpful to you all. I hated dealing with all of this, and wanted to help someone that will inevitably run into this issue.
So here’s a what the dpf bypass kit looks like. Pretty neat set up. All put back together today and no issues. Back to work with it tomorrow.
Thanks for the info on where you purchased and the subsequent pictures that followed. Not every one has 5-6000 dollars to change DPF in Cat D-Series skidsteers every 3000 hours. Probably a whole lot less sensor issues also. Appreciate your due diligence in posting your repair solution. Simon C
Absolutely glad to do it. Especially if it helps someone out down the road. I’ve gone to this site for information for years and it’s amazing the knowledge of the members and the willingness to assist that’s included. You don’t find that much anymore, and it’s an awesome tool. I hope that this repair resolves future issues, and am happy to pass what I’ve learned to others. The Takeuchi I have is a wonderful machine and the Kubota engine that’s in it is great. I have read some articles and posts about some issues with Kubota emissions issues. So far, this is the only issue I’ve had out of the machine.
While it's the only issue you have may have had, it took a significant alteration to get it to work. The term "Great" is pretty subjective, I understand. Not sure having to delete it for it to run would qualify as "Great" for most people. Not that I am trying to bust your nuts over that, but seems like an odd kudos for what you had to do to it. Problem is that happens all too often with Kubota SCR engines and on top of SCR you have a DPF filter to tangle with at some point. I fail to see the value of that engine. Not sure why Taki went to Kubota, my Taki mini ex now has a Kubota and while its under 75 hp, so not SCR, I would take my Yanmar Engine from prior Taki machines over this Kubota.
@KSSS I agree with you on these Kubota v3800 engines. I have had a number of these engines both emission and pre-emissions. Words cannot express how disappointing these are. Mine have only been averaging 1k hours between major repairs. I have had three shear the key on the camshaft that drives the injector pump, split piston @600 hrs, one turbo come apart and destroy engine, three broken valves, all the usual emissions stuff and then some. I am sure there is more I am not remembering at the moment. All this under warranty. There must be a secrete conspiracy were my dealers get together with the engine plant and sabotage the engines in my machines. Rather confident my dealers hate me. Don't forget these engines do not have cylinder sleeves. You can bore the engine once with oversize OEM pistons. The use of alcohol and heart medication may be necessary when ordering engine parts. Kubota makes Cat and John Deere engine parts look rather reasonable. FYI in my experience it is more cost effective to order Kubota parts from the cat dealers then Kubota dealers.
Sounds good y’all. Hopefully I don’t run into the above issues, but sounds like I will. Just have to cross that bridge when I get there I guess. Thanks for the input
I pray you and no one else has to experience the issues I have had on Kubota v3800 engines. While I have had emission issues like everyone else the emissions are minor compared to the rest of the problems I have had with these engines.
I’m also considering the 4pdf kit for my TL12, does anyone else have any experience with them?
I put one on in July.........has ran great since.
For anyone else wondering. I did buy the kit and have only put 8 hours on the machine since install and has been great with no issues