Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl 26-2 left side qiut driving

dcbartels ยท 2013-02-25 21:27

Hi I am new to this forum, I have looked in but never posted. I hope someone out there can enlighten me. I recently bought a tl 26 loader with issues. It was told to me by the previous owner that one cold morning they went to move this thing and it started to move, then quit. It makes no strange noises. The thing drives only on the right side. I removed the left drive motor and disassembled it only to find everything ok inside. The lift works perfectly and the right side seems to drive fine. I ordered a seal kit for the drive motor, so I am waiting till I get it to do more testing. My question is if anyone knows is there only one high pressure relief valve? If that's so because the right side is working, it isn't the cause. Would the pilot valve cause this problem? It will not move forward or reverse even with the track off. It does release the brake when the engine is running. Our local dealer just took this line on, so they have little insight.

Replies6
  1. #1mikebramel2013-02-26 02:48

    Is there fluid circulating in the loop? IS there any pressure being developed. IS the gearing inside the final intact

  2. #2dcbartels2013-02-26 10:03

    Yes the drive motor and planetary look fine. I'm not sure if fluid is circulating. I see the hose to the wheel motor jump when I try to make it go, but it never pulls on the engine. I'm having a challenge to find the right fitting to tap into the lines going to the wheel motors.

  3. #3mikebramel2013-02-26 13:21

    The controls arent loose? If the hose is kinking there should be pressure. But if the motor is not loading the pump is not stroking or the pressure is bleeding off

  4. #4dcbartels2013-03-05 21:03

    Update to my problem.... We removed the travel motor and found nothing wrong with it. When we replaced it we did some more testing. We switched the pilot controls and still the right side drives, but not the left. Then we pressure tested both sides. The left side has around 3500 psi, the right side runs about 500 psi to run the track while jacked up. When we stall the right sprocket we get around 5500 psi. The new development is that unless the right side is stalled, the engine doesn't pull down when spinning at full speed. However the left side which never turns makes the engine pull down and will kill if you put too much stick to it. Forward or reverse. The hoses both jump when the joystick is moved like the oil is deadheading. This is the reason we removed the travel motor in the first place thinking the problem was in there, but nothing worn or damaged was found. If the swash plate isn't moving in the pump, will it develop pressure like the oil is deadheading? We also removed all of the high pressure relief valves and checked to see if any debris were present but found nothing. Is the next step to remove the pump and see what lies in there or is there something we are missing? We put the relief valves back in the same place we took them out of...HELP!!! Thanks in advance!

  5. #5darrin.stingle2013-03-16 18:38

    same problem Did you figure out how to fix the problem? Mine is doing the same thing.

  6. #6dcbartels2013-03-18 20:10

    Yes we did! Someone had clocked the ramp in our wheel motor incorrectly. It has to have the ports aligned with the ramp sides of the wedge, not at the top and bottom of it. We marked ours when we took it out the first time and put it back the same way. When we took it apart again we clocked the wedge a quarter turn and when we put it back together with no new parts, it worked perfectly. We called Takeuchi the first time we took it apart and the tech line guy told us it didn't matter how the wedge is positioned... He was wrong! He also said we were the fourth party that called.with that question....he told everyone the wrong information! As long as the ramps of the wedge are facing the ports it will run. If you position it upside-down it will run backwards, so either put it 180 degrees from where you have it, or switch the hoses top to bottom that feed the wheel motor. It made sense after we looked closely at it that the pistons had to get pushed on the ramp side to move..at the top or bottom the oil has nowhere to go. Hope this helps!