Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL10, how do I adjust idle speed that’s too high and where is it located?

Yakima · 2025-04-25 13:12

I got this machine a year ago. The idle speed is way too high! it’s at 2500rpm. how do I adjust it, and where is the adjuster located?

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2025-04-25 20:19

    It depends on if u have a common rail system or a mechanical inj pump. If it’s a mechanical inj pump.. Make sure the throttle LEVER is touching the stop screw.. if not, you’ll have to adjust the LINKAGE.. If it is touching the stop screw, all u have to do is loosen the lock nut and turn the SCREW OUT. Good luck

  2. #2ozarkag2025-04-25 22:59

    If it is the common rail Kubota could possibly be stuck in a regen cycle. Any active codes? Throttle work otherwise? Full power?

  3. #3Yakima2025-04-25 23:20

    Thank you, I’ll try that it does have a code. I need follow up on that still. It has to do with the oil pressure. I installed an oil pressure gauge to be sure of the oil pressure. it has a steady 45 psi while running. Now I can be sure of the engines oil lifeline. i never cared for idiot lights.