Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl10v2 vs kubota svl75

dieselfuel007 · 2021-10-24 14:34

I’ve been around the kubota a lot but never the tak my tak dealer says he recommends the tl8 but thinks the tl10v2 is underpowered I think the tl8 is small for what I want kind of looking for people who have been around both to see how they measure up also though about if I bought a tl10v2 deleting it for some more power possibly

Replies16
  1. #1KSSS2021-10-24 14:49

    I would demo one and decide for yourself. I would not buy something too small and hope to delete it to get the machine you need.

  2. #2dieselfuel0072021-10-24 14:55

    Well it’s pretty hard to demo no one has any inventory I’ve found some good used taks but there five hours away and I don’t want to demo it in the parking lot I’d like to have some time in it or talk to some who have I just wish the kubotas where a little more aggressive they like to stall other than that I like them

  3. #3KSSS2021-10-24 15:13

    The dealer five hours away may have a place you can actually work it. 50K or whatever investment would be worth the drive and the time to look into. That's my thought anyway.

  4. #4zeroo2021-10-24 19:02

    I have an svl75 and a kx040. You can delete these things? Would love to.

  5. #5skata2021-10-24 22:24

    The tl10 was a great machine. Then with the tl10v2, they went with narrower tracks, and smaller engine to stay under the 75hp extra emissions requirements. Not a big fan of that model. Dont underestimate the tl8 though. It's fairly close in specs to the tl10v2. Main differences being the lift arms. But call around to rental yards and see if they have one of those machines to rent.

  6. #6dieselfuel0072021-10-24 22:47

    i just don't like the narrow profile of the tl8 i run a brush mower some and don't want to be on slopes with something tall and narrow

  7. #7skata2021-10-24 23:21

    I think the overall width of the tl8 and svl75 is about the same. And the tl10v2 is maybe 3 inches wider. You may want to go to a larger machine class if you want more width.

  8. #8dieselfuel0072021-10-24 23:45

    ive just seen the tl8 with 67 inch bucket alot of the time the more i talk about it it seems the kubota makes more sense cause i don't think i'd like the tl8 and i like the tl 10 on paper but no one thats been around them says much good about there power not trying to argue cause i am going to look at a tl 8 in person just looking for feedback

  9. #9skata2021-10-25 00:24

    A lot of machines in that size category try to keep engines under 75hp, otherwise they are required to have stricter emissions requirements such as DEF. Both the Takeuchi and Kubota are great machines. I think emissions issues is the main thing you hear about.

  10. #10Mark132021-10-25 16:09

    I have a TL230 which is basically the older TL8. I've had mine on steep enough ground you start to have trouble staying in the seat and the machine hangs on fine. Brush mowing I've had mine try to slide before it wanted to tip. For dirt work I run all 78" buckets which helps keep the tracks from running in the material I'm moving and can add some stability if things give away under the machine.

  11. #11dieselfuel0072021-10-26 19:42

    I wish someone on who has had a lot of seat time in the tak tl10v2 who chime in I think I’m gonna take the long drive to go look at one if it’s on par with the svl75 I’m probably gonna own it

  12. #12skata2021-10-26 20:51

    Let us know how it goes.

  13. #13jturnage252021-10-27 15:55

    I use to work for the manufacturer. The TL10V2 is not like the old TL10, the old TL10 had the same engine as the TL12. But the newest is Tier 4, and to avoid DEF, they went with the smaller engine. The TL8 is a good machine, and will do most jobs. TL10V2 got a bad rap because of the old TL10.

  14. #14skata2021-10-27 19:43

    With the smaller engine and narrower tracks, they should have called it a TL8v2.

  15. #15jturnage252021-10-28 08:08

    They do make a TL8R2. It also has traction control. It and the TL10 both have the V3307 Kubota engine. TL8R2 has traction control. Its the latest model of Compact Trackloader

  16. #16Keith Merrell2021-10-29 00:37

    I have a 2015 TL10 I bought summer 2020. Can't comment on the vertical lift model but mine has been great. Would like a TL12 for the additional pushing power when doing pads. I do excavation for custom homes on larger lots and also some tighter lots so I think its a good in the middle option. No mechanical problems so far. Reliable machine with responsive controls.