Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL12 derating. HELP!

westonneely1995 · 2020-01-01 18:11

So I have a Takeuchi TL12, I just got it used, 2015 w/ 1140 hrs. For some reason I’m throwing a 523602FMI:0 code, which I was told has something to do with the dpf. The machine ran fine the first couple of days, then the beeping started. I called a tech and he told me how to read the code, he also told me to hold the manual regen switch for 10 seconds and nothing happened. So, I left the machine running for probably an hour and i hopped back in it and it was flashing the kill switch icon(always does when it beeps) and the dpf icon, so I held down the manual regen button, it worked, my machine is running great. Until today I cranked it and took off, about 300 yards I’m derated again and it’s beeping. Here comes the funny part, my father in law pushed some magical sequence of buttons that he doesn’t remember and made the machine regen, it ran fine for about 3 hours. I hop on it to finish up the little bit of mulching we have left, it starts beeping within 15 minutes of me getting on it. So I pull back up to the truck VERY slowly because I’m derated and decided to let it idle, I hop in and the normal kill switch style icon is alternating with the dpf icon, I hit my manual regen button and it starts it process, now it’s running fine. I’d rather go ahead and repair this than take a chance on it happening on another job. Any recommendations?

Replies12
  1. #1tool_king2020-01-01 21:37

    523602 0 High frequency of regeneration (64) High Frequency of Regeneration (DTC P3024 / 523602-0) Behaviour during malfunction: • Worsening exhaust gas performance (NOx) Detection item: • Time interval from the end time to the start time of the regeneration DTC set preconditions: • Battery voltage is normal • Key switch is ON DTC set parameter: • Regeneration time interval within 30 min. occurs three times continuously Engine warning light: • ON Limp home action by engine ECU (system action): • Output limitation: Approximately 50 % of normal condition • EGR stop Recovery from error: • Key switch turn OFF 9Y1200174CRS0452US0 1. Check the Air Intake System 1. Check in accordance with "6.[1] AIR INTAKE SYSTEM INSPECTION PROCEDURE". (Refer to page 1-S297) NOTE • Check the installation of the differential pressure sensor pipes. • Check the engine oil maintenance history (Oil consumption). 9Y1200174CRS0580US0 2. Check the Differential Pressure Sensor (Refer to items P2454 and P2455) 1. Check the differential pressure sensor. 9Y1200174CRS0581US0 3. Check the Function of DPF 1. Operate the engine for 30 minutes in the normal condition. 9Y1200174CRS0582US0 OK Go to "2. Check the Differential Pressure Sensor (Refer to items P2454 and P2455)". NG Repair in accordance with "6.[1] AIR INTAKE SYSTEM INSPECTION PROCEDURE". (Refer to page 1-S297) (1) Hose Clamp (2) Hose (3) Turbocharger OK Go to "3. Check the Function of DPF". NG Repair or replace the differential pressure sensor or its related parts. (Follow the diagnostic procedure of items P2454 and P2455). (1) Terminal A-VCC12 (2) Terminal A-GND11 (3) Terminal DPS (a) Differential Pressure Sensor Connector Factory specification "DPF Regeneration Request" is not detected within 30 minutes. OK Normal. NG Replace the DPF assembly. (a) DPF Manual Regeneration Reguest Button Give me a call at 908 305 8457 during the day. Shoot me your address and I can send you the diagnostic book . thanks Ed

  2. #2Tags2020-01-01 21:57

    Also,in order to do a regen the engine needs to be up to operating temp, like 150 degrees or so. Hope you get it sorted out.....emissions

  3. #3skata2020-01-02 01:12

    Will these Kubota engines ever get their emissions issues squared away?

  4. #4TDI guy2020-01-05 18:32

    If you have interest in getting rid of your emissions stuff, and the issues that go with it, I can hook you up.

  5. #5BamaSparky2022-07-26 12:07

    Interested.

  6. #6TDI guy2022-07-26 12:51

    What is your machine?

  7. #7KSSS2022-07-27 17:49

    Will they they? Who knows but to date they certainly have not. The dealer here had a 12V2 that they never could get running due to emissions issues. Had Taki look at and one day, it just disappeared. It sat there for over a year. I hear Kubota and I am immediately disinterested. They certainly didn't build their reputation since SCR became a deal. My new Taki ex has a Kubota and while I haven't had an issue yet, I know it is coming. The dealer is having issues with others. Life was so much better with Yanmar engines.

  8. #8Junkyard2022-07-27 18:17

    Pull the intake off of the turbo and see what that looks like. If it ever had a turbo failure or even one that slobbers it’ll plug the DPF enough that sensors see a pressure differential out of spec. It doesn’t take much at all to throw things off. On a Takeuchi it isn’t too bad to pull the DPF, before I went down the rabbit hole I’d be tempted to pull it, take it apart and inspect closely for cracks or damage. If it looks good your nearest truck dealer can cook it clean for you. Shouldn’t be more than a few hundred. Get new gaskets for it as they cannot be reused. Reassemble, run a couple manual regens and it should be good. So far all of the DPF issues I’ve seen have been primarily the filter itself. Be glad you don’t have a Cat, you gotta pull the engine to remove them DPF. Ask me how I know lol

  9. #9TakeuchiBrandon2022-09-23 16:37

    i have a few questions if you have time please send me email [email protected] tl12v2

  10. #10Txhayseed2022-09-23 21:51

    Magical combination of buttons ?? Yeah its the enter key on the computer the mechanic hits when doing a force regen. My guess is your dpf is probably needing to be cleaned and then a force regen performed. Once you start getting nox effeciny error codes its a tale tale sighn that you got flow issues. With your hours and being that you bought it used you really can't say if previous owner handled it. About 95% of d pf issues we have is clogged dpfs do to customers running/stopping/running, canceling regens, not running machine up to temp ect. Once the soot level reaches are certain level you can't do an active or parked regen. Sometimes machine will start an parked regen but will cancel itself out. We have kubotas in air compressors, generators, 6" pumps as well as track/skid loaders and its the same basic problem across the board. Even with all the Deere /yanmar powered and Deutz powered equipment we have we see the same issues regardless. After treatment systems require that little extra level of attention. Every one pisses and moans constantly about problems and why do we need them ect ect when a lot or issues are self inflicted and can be mitigated if you follow procedures. And yes parts fail and it sucks but when you got a flat tire you Dont stand there and cry and go damn government, damn tires why do we even need them im doing a tire delete. Spark plugs, air filters, oil filters, water pumps and yes dpfs, def pumps all consumables maintenance items that will eventually have to be replaced as they fail. I remember when every one was on the beat the common rail horse to death. Kick... But people adjusted because you had to and once people understood it wasn't your 1989 diesel. Failures and complaining went wayyyyyyy down. This will be just the same soon. Just FYI We don't even send our dpf s out anymore. We just clean them a hot water pressure washer with no tip.and air dry. Been doing it that for years.

  11. #11Wilma2022-10-06 22:39

    Interested. 2015 TL12

  12. #12ozarkag2022-10-28 22:43

    QUOTE="Txhayseed, post: 1074568, member: 83853"]We just clean them a hot water pressure washer with no tip.and air dry. Been doing it that for years.[/QUOTE] Interested in the in house DPF cleaning, so far haven't needed to replace one send one off for cleaning, but someday will come. Have had them oil soaked, turbo failure etc, and a forced regen and still goes. Be interested to see what others are doing