Operating yesterday and went to load a piece of concrete in the bucket, backed up a bit and unit died. Turned key to crank and nothing. All instrument lights come on and the warning light at my feet flashes 8 times. Checked all fuses and two large fusable links above battery. All check good. Can anyone share a wire diagram or somewhere to start diagnosing? Or a description of the flash codes from warning light? Machine is roughly 10 years old and has been well maintained.
I could give you a service manual for a tl140. Not sure how similar they are . Give me your email. The starter doesn't turn either?
[email protected] No crank. Don't even get a click from the starter coil. I did find something new this evening. Checked all the relays on either side of the ECU at feet. One of the relays is double stacked and I get no resistance from the coil. All other coils were 78-79 ohms. So I'm going to determine which one is the horn relay and swap with bad one. Fingers crossed this works Please send service manual Thanks,
The third relay from top has two relays stacked on top of each other. One has no coil resistance
Sent manuals. But your setup is a little different than the tl140. But I think you're on the right path. On the tl140, we have I think 3 of those "knight beam" relays that go bad. Solder cracks. Then machine safety is intermittent and won't move. It Can be resoldered.
Found a parts manual for a tl240 and sent you. Depending on serial number, there are a couple different relay layouts. But I think this is your setup.
Whether this one is your problem or not, open it up and resolder all the cracked (cold) solder joints. That one is 3 relays in one, and has had to be resoldered on every one of my TL150 machines.
Thanks Skata and Heymccall I swapped the relay with bad coil with tested good relay off my Mustang MTL16 and my TL240 started and ran for about a second. Died and no crank again. Checked relay that I swapped and coil tests good. I'm going to open the BE31 relay that Heymccall suggests next. I'll update when I find problem. If anyone has further suggestions, I'm open. Thanks
After scouring almost every inch of wire and cleaning all connections, we found the coil / solenoid on the 1-way valve was slightly loose. When trying to remove the harness connector it moved. After moving it, we tried starting and machine started right up. I'm attaching a picture of the valve (it sits somewhat hidden up above the muffler) along with a wire diagram. I also just ordered a service manual so anyone in future can reach out Thanks for the help
That connector near the top? Looks like a solenoid. How does that being loose prevent startup?
Yes. Based on my quick review of parts breakdown and wire diagram I believe it is called the 1-way valve. I have no idea how that prevented the starter circuit but unless touching it was a fluke (not saying it couldn't be) that appears to be the culprit. I'm still working on double checking everything cause like I said we cleaned every connection and checked all relays, switches etc and tried starting after each one. Touching the 1-way made it crank and run. Going to do a little more investigation. Will update if I find more. I just got the wire diagram this morning so really haven't studied it to understand the start circuit
Unless the ecm kills the engine if it doesn't sense resistance in that circuit?
Well the 1-way solenoid was or is not the issue. After we got the machine started the engine ran somewhat rough so we quickly loaded onto a trailer to get it off the jobsite and back to our shop. Now it's backed into our shop on the trailer cause it will start for about 1 second and shut off. Now the warning light flashes 7 times. I've found both 7 & 8 flashes is related to the rack actuator. After much research and the purchase of a full service manual along with finding some Yanmar engine info online it appears to be an issue with the Rack Actuator. Or at least, I have found that the flash codes coming from the relays and ECU panel located at an operators feet is all tied to the engine or at least primarily engine related. I have wire diagrams of both the machine and engine now. I'm becoming a Takeuchi and Yanmar specialist despite not wanting to be one ; ) If anyone is familiar with a rack actuator issue please advise? If anyone wants wire diagrams or yanmar diagnostic info, I'm happy to send Thanks,
What is a rack actuator?
Rack actuator replaces stop solenoid and throttle linkage.
Borrowed this from here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjANegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3dfL2yteg-rncvzIBS45nL
I saw your thread on the tl240 and I am looking for a service manual for a tl140 could you please send me a copy of the service manual. Thanks [email protected]
sorry brain fart not seeing dates
Sent you parts and service manual
skata, thanks for sending me the manuals for my TL140. I am going to clean all the connections and check for any wires that may have been damaged. I appreciate the help that I received from the heavyequipmentforum members with more suggestions on things to check. thanks again.
Down2earth where did you find what the flash codes mean. My Tl240 is doing the no cranks have power but my light is flashing 6 times
Can someone please tell me where the fuel solenoid would be on takeuchi tl240 cant get the engine to start thanks
Well on a tl140 the best access is from below, remove the belly plate. I've had my wiring connector at the solenoid get corroded and cause issues. I just direct wired it.
thank you skata
How did you direct wire it? Do you mean that you eliminated the connector? I have a TL130 that won’t pull in the stop solenoid. But i also think i have a bad alternator.
Yeah I just cut the connector ends off and connected the wires together. Not sure how an alternator would affect a fuel solenoid. You check for voltage at the fuel solenoid?
Yes, i have 12 volts on the hold and nothing on the pull wire with key on or cranking. It should be momentarily, to pull in, but i have nothing.
Not sure what pull and hold mean, but your solenoid should be energized when the key is turned, and stay on, until you turn key off.
Hello i have a tl240, key turned on no lights, but at some point it turns on but when cranking you hear relays click but no start. Then goes dead, checked all fuses and they are good kindly advise, would like to request service manual please [email protected]