Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL12V2 DPF replace

Redneck007 · 2024-06-05 08:00

Can anyone explain to me the easiest way to get this off? You cant reach the bolts in the back....I got everything off above it, but seems like no way to get to bolts between it and the engine. Im a newbie here, and really a newbie working on these, but I am learning....reading all I can on some of your post.....i can see there are very knowledgeable people here. Thank you for any help.

Replies4
  1. #1Redneck0072024-06-05 08:01
  2. #2DanMT2024-07-12 11:45

    Good morning, I'm going through the same process. I've got one bolt left... Below response is from RCLM LLC: Hello, So when I removed mine, I only removed the center and far right piece going to the SCR. It’s a pain to say the least. I had the biggest conglomeration of extensions and swivels to get those bolts out. Make sure the SCR is removed. And all the accessories that pertain to that. It frees up some room. It’s just a pain to deal with. But I did it this way, because it was less risky than to brake the flange bolts off the turbo.

  3. #3Redneck0072024-07-13 07:47

    Yes....got mine done...was a BIG time pain. I learned though. All good now. Good luck, its worth it.

  4. #4Fireman7492026-03-11 09:52

    What exactly did you do and use to get it done? I’m 64 year old retired firefighter and my hands don’t move like they use to. I’m trying to figure out how you got to the backside bolts to split the cases and get the middle section out. I’ve got a ton of tools so if you can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you