Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL130

azvacs · 2021-02-27 21:18

Bought a used TL130 that needs some love. I think i need to replace the wiring harness, among other things. Last owners made a mess of it. Starting from scratch might be better. Looking for parts dealers that know the ins and out of this unit and that won’t break my bank. Any help would be appreciated. I’m not opposed to used parts, if someone is parting out an old unit

Replies24
  1. #1heymccall2021-02-27 22:00

    $466 new for 0880426100, item 1 in image. You didn't share full serial number, so part may be wrong. Also. Harness is sectioned. That is only 1 section .

  2. #2azvacs2021-02-28 10:25

    Thanks for the information. Here is the Serial Number is 21308461, if it makes a difference

  3. #3azvacs2021-03-03 22:30

    Thanks for the information. Here is the Serial Number is 21308461, if it makes a difference

  4. #4azvacs2021-03-14 16:39

    Thanks again. I have looked but can’t find a wiring schematic. I need to start building a harness and this thing is soo bad, I have no idea where all these cut and disconnected wires used to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated

  5. #5JLarson2021-03-14 21:22

    Ditch Witch of AZ is the Tak dealer here, they can get you the harness parts. How much wiring damage is there?

  6. #6azvacs2021-03-14 22:38

    A LOT! Last owner made an mess of it. numerous, numerous wires cut and disconnected. i’m surprised it would start. All the safety items are cut, bypassed, disconnected and more. Multiple splices. JUST A MESS. I really need to start from scratch and rewire it. It has a new engine, so that’s one good thing.

  7. #7JLarson2021-03-14 22:45

    Good luck with that, sounds like somebody didn't didn't finish a so-so engine swap job. I hate cleaning up a mess like that after somebody else.

  8. #8azvacs2021-03-15 11:28

    Me either. Its going to take some time. Have you dealt with DitchWitch of AZ before? How are they to work with?

  9. #9azvacs2021-03-21 19:31

    What does it mean when the parts Manual says, “for EU” ? European Union? and how would that apply to my machine?

  10. #10PeterG2021-03-21 20:06

    What's your email? I will send you the service manual and the parts manual.

  11. #11azvacs2021-03-21 21:25

    I have both. Thank you. But some of the pages have serial numbers and the it says For EU. Didn’t know what that meant

  12. #12azvacs2021-03-21 21:27

    My machine has a serial number 21308461

  13. #13azvacs2021-10-25 18:03

    Can you help me identify this component and where the single wire coming off of it connects to? I have a wiring diagram/schematic but i don’t know what this part is. Its located under the rear light area.

  14. #14skata2021-10-26 21:04

    Wild guess. Maybe some kind of gps tracker? If it only has one wire, I don't see how it can control anything.

  15. #15JLarson2021-10-26 22:03

    I don't know if I've ever noticed anything back there like that on the Tak's. Open it up, let's see what's in there.

  16. #16heymccall2021-10-26 22:15

    It has NO wires. Someone used a mounting stud as a grounding point.

  17. #17JLarson2021-10-26 22:37

    If you zoom way in it looks like there's a second wire going up the bottom center of the box too.

  18. #18azvacs2021-10-27 00:49

    It has 2 wires coming out of it. One goes to gourd on one of the mounting studs and the other was crudely spliced into one of the power leads near the battery. I’ll get some better pics and maybe take it off and see if there is anything on the back on maybe it will come apart.

  19. #19Tags2021-10-27 09:11

    if that machine was bought from United rentals, that’s a GPS tracker, I bought a used Wacker RD 11a roller years ago and found one bolted inside the plastic that houses the steering shaft. Looked just like that.

  20. #20azvacs2021-10-27 10:09

    I think you and skata may be right. It was a former rental machine. I’ll bet that’s what it is. Thanks for solving that mystery

  21. #21JLarson2021-10-27 21:17

    Oh yeah if that's an ex rental that's some sort of asset tracker, a simple one cause new ones tap into data but still a gps beacon probably. Open it and make sure then loose it cause that tap job is pretty crummy, I wouldn't want that hooked to a J-Case fuse lol.

  22. #22azvacs2021-11-03 01:06

    I’ve been working on getting this machine back to operational since January. Removing all of the disastrous repairs. It’s obvious that the former mechanic should find a new line of work, like maybe just stay unemployed. Who uses a 10G butt connector on a 16 G wire? or spade connectors into 30A fuses? I could go on…

  23. #23azvacs2021-11-03 01:13

    Had to remove the entire wiring harness to make all the repairs. But i’m getting there. Just got it all back in last week. Should be ready to fire it up soon. Wish me luck!

  24. #24azvacs2021-11-03 01:13

    Had to remove the entire wiring harness to make all the repairs. But i’m getting there. Just got it all back in last week. Should be ready to fire it up soon. Wish me luck! View attachment 248096 View attachment 248097 View attachment 248098