Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL130 Cold start – stalls – hard restart

jav ยท 2022-01-31 15:35

I have a recent issue I hope someone can help with. If the machine is in the garage- it starts and runs perfectly all day. If I leave it outside OR even if I just turn it off outside when it's cold, if it sits even for an just an hour, it will start up normally (1 or 2 cranks) then stalls within 10-30 seconds. It stalls quicker if I move or do hydraulic work and it will stay running a bit longer if the engine is just idled- but it will stall. Once it stalls, it cranks much longer to restart- like air/fuel starvation BUT it will restart. this will repeat another 1-2 times before the machine will stay running and do work. I do run #2 diesel with anti gel and cetane boost. Filters are new. It's acting like I have an fuel system leak/air pocket except that it doesn't do this unless is really cold (below 30 deg F). I also noticed I don't always hear the fuel priming pump in the cold? Opinions?

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2022-02-01 09:29

    Sounds like an air leak to me, rubber will do funny things like that. Check out heymccall posts on Tak's stalling or starting hard. HeavyEquipmentForums