Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Serial Number Look up.

Kainan Smith · 2022-02-03 14:40

I need the details on our cat 289d we are being told it’s a high flow but didn’t come with the stickers on the side and we can’t find anywhere that says high flow not even on the pump under the cab. CATO289DATAW11181

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2022-02-05 12:11

    According to the system machine S/N TAW11181 was built with the High Flow attachment and should have stickers confirming that because they are part of the same auxiliary hydraulic group. Have you tried connecting a High Flow Work Tool to see if the HF operates.? NOTE: You will need the appropriate harness for the Work Tool or a jumper plug because the HF engages when the ECM sees ground via the connector on the side of the lift arms. On the TAW machine it looks like this is achieved by jumpering Pins B & K but I'd like someone to confirm that.

  2. #2Kainan Smith2022-02-05 23:22

    Yes I have a 315 cat Mulcher. Is there a indicator that comes on when HF is engages ?

  3. #3Kainan Smith2022-02-05 23:23

    I checked the plug on mulcher and it does have a jumper wire installed already from factor.

  4. #4Nige2022-02-06 09:45

    Yes there is. #7 on the illustration below. The fact that you don't know where it is makes me suspect that you don't have an Operation/Maintenance Manual. It should be in the pocket behind the seat. If you bought the machine used and there isn't an O&M with it then you can easily get a copy in pdf format on CD. See this link - SMP produce the manuals for Cat This one is actually $40 cheaper than you could get one from a Cat dealer where they are priced at $111 each on CD or $130 in paper form. https://www.ebay.com/itm/313726772833

  5. #5Kainan Smith2022-02-06 12:24

    Thank you for your help your right I didn’t have a book I’m ordering one now.

  6. #6Nige2022-02-06 12:33

    You’ll probably find that it is worth the price the first time you use it.

  7. #7John C.2022-02-06 13:40

    Cat high flow skid steers have different hydraulic hose quick couplers with different sizes. Standard flow machines have three couplers, two large and one small. I seem to remember the high flow machines had four or five couplers and they may be split with three on the left side and two or more on the right side of the boom. Early machines had four or five on the left side boom leg.

  8. #8Nige2022-02-07 10:58

    That's one of the reasons I suggested he get a manual John. The location & function of all the various couplers for Auxiliary Hydraulics (plus a load more useful information) and connectors are explained in it.

  9. #9John C.2022-02-07 17:02

    I was commenting on it being obvious if the machine is a high flow or not.