Going to drain the hydraulic tank and change out a couple of hoses and filters. What is the process for bleeding air out?
And how many filters are there?
Spin on & pilot No special procedure that I'm aware of.
Thx
For all Takeuchi machines, Use 41 mm wrench ( I have a 41 mm striking wrench, a long huge 41mm open wrench and a 41 mm socket) to add more hydraulic fluid. Let idle for ten min to bleed, then extend all hydraulic cylinders.
I uses a 1-5/8" wrench in lieu of having metric.
I bent a 24" breaker bar with a iron pipe over it, trying to get the 41mm fill cap off. Went and got a heavy duty 1/2" impact gun. Hopefully that will work.
Gave up on the top cap.! No way its coming off. I've tried a 41mm 6 point socket and 4' breaker bar, 1200lb impact gun, heat, etc.... Won't even budge. I guess I'll just fill it through the breather. IT'S NOT COMING OFF!
C'mon...I've been there. 1-5/8" box wrench with another on the open side or 3/4" ratchet with 4' cheater. It's the jolt that breaks them free.
Did someone prank you? It shouldn't be that hard.
I know! It should not. Gonna try again tomorrow.
Well that didn’t go well. Does this look like someone welded this fill cap on?
You tell me. What do you think? I’m stumped
Take a look. What do you think is going on here? Stumped!
Weird. Do you see any gap between the bolt and round tank part?
No, I don’t. Weird is right.
I guess i could try a impact chisel, but then the top of the cap nut would be FUBAR! I think I’m spending to much effort on it and should just take the breather off to fill it… HAHA
You’re shaming me with how clean that machine of yours is. WOW
Assuming the factory didn't install a welded plug, I'd try heating the round boss that the bolt threads into, and then hit it with an impact or breaker bar.
Lol. No it's just pictures I found online to give you a comparison.
I tried heating it with no luck, then the extension snapped! Got one more pic for you. Pulled the filter out of the tank to change it out and found this. What do you think is going on here? Looks like brass shavings. WTH?
Hmm. Looks like brass. I've only drained and refilled my tank. Never took the strainer/filter out. Are you the original owner? Does everything run OK?
The fill plug does go metal to metal, by design. Either a 3/4 drive ratchet with cheater, or doubled wrenches (box of second wrench hooked to open of the first). Steady draw won't do it. It's gotta be shocked. I changed almost all of mine (7 of them) to BSPP hydraulic plug, generic. They have a taller profile. The welder here welded a nut to other.
No, not the original owner. Only had it since January and disassembled it as soon as I got it. Engine ran fine. Most hydraulics worked but left travel motor was very weak. Hoping complete filter changes will help. Very poorly maintained
How dark was the old hydraulic oil? And what oil you putting in?
That looks like one piece, I don't see any parting line just a lot of scratches.
I’ll didn’t look to bad. Don’t know what was in there and looking for advice on what to refill it with. It calls for SAE 10w30
That’s the same thing i see.. Strange!
I run 10W To4 in all of mine.
10W To4 ?
My machine used to feel like it lost drive power when hot. I put in 10w-40 and the machine performs better when hot. Link to what I used. https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/025215-mystik-jt-8-10w40-super-heavy-duty-diesel-oil.html
I looked that up and it says it’s transmission fluid. Is that correct?
Surprised the cap did not come off. Just to be clear the cap is located easily when standing behind the machine under where the left rear back up light is. You do not need to lift the cab or lift the top part of the rear engine access lid. The access is tight with low ceiling height and I'm not sure you can use the socket. I can check my machine on Monday as its at a job site. I was talking to Takeuchi USA at one point, and the service guys just said to use Diesel Engine oil, like the 10W-40. We did for a long time, and it worked fine. I may have also use A46
The grey light cover comes off and gives access from above. Here's pictures of mine. Even the decal says 10w-40 works.
Your yellow machine is a Gehl? Is it exactly the same as the TL130? Do you get parts from Gehl?
It's a gehl ctl70 aka a Takeuchi TL140. The only difference is the cab and hvac system. Bought it new in 2006. Only have around 1000 hours. It's been very reliable. Besides oil and filter changes, I've replaced the tracks once, and a 2 speed solenoid. And I got those from local Takeuchi dealer.
It's a fluid designed for power trains (transmissions & axles/final drives) but can also be used in hydraulic systems. As HMC does, we used it in all our hydraulic systems for the simple reason that we had systems that needed 10W hydraulic oil and others that needed 10W TO-4. With the approval of the oil supplier we used 10W TO-4 in everything so that nobody could ever put straight hydraulic oil in a tank that required TO-4. All the systems worked fine on it. You can use 10W TO-4 in your hydraulic system with no ill effects. You may also find that it's easier to get hold of.
I have drained the entire hydraulic tank an i’m changing the filters but there is probably still oil in the hoses and pump. Is it ok to change over to the 10W TO4? A little bit of mixture won’t be a problem?
I'm not sure you'd want to use a straight 10w oil.
It looks like i’m getting some different options on this. Getting confused.
I'd be interested to know why. The oil recommended by the OEM is a 10W/30 engine oil, probably recommended so that it would encourage people to use the same oil in the engine and the hydraulic system. There are far better oils available for hydraulic systems than engine oils.
I’d be interested to know why also. And you suggest 10W TO4? It may mix with whatever is still in the lines and pump. Others on this thread have said that they wouldn’t use 10W oil in the hydraulic system…
Are you saying that 10W TO4 is straight 10W?
If HMC runs 10W in all his Tak hydraulic systems that would be good enough for me. We ran 10W in all our hydraulic systems on other brands. TO-4 or HYDO (hydraulic oil), either will work just as well.
10w30 is a 30 weight when hot. What is the weight of the t04 when hot?
I don't know? Sounds like it.
The question would be why anyone would want a oil viscosity as high as 30 when the oil is hot.? Most manufacturers specification for hydraulic oil is for a straight viscosity oil somewhere around SAE10W.
10w30 is what Takeuchi has been using for a long time. I'm running 10w-40 now.