Im looking at these two for an end of year purchase . I will mainly be using it for grading to complement my excavator which I've been using for just about everything on the job. 99% of my work is new home construction. and im not so familiar with these machines. I have ran a 18' 333 and an older TAK. Was wondering if anyone can give some pros and cons on these two. They both seem like beasts. Thanks
Have a 2017 333G still goin strong n I love the machine
They so Dang expensive new! Out here on Long Island NY a 333g with no performance pkg is $97k plus our beautiful tax rate at 8.625%. A low hr dozer like a D5k2 LGP about 4-5 yrs old runs about that same price and is twice the machine for the money. I would use a skid steer a little more than a dozer but i have i hard time with the money aspect. But the skid would be brand new compared to used.The Takeuchi TL12V2 is a couple grand cheaper for basically same options but are no where to be found here, a 333G is coming in soon and is pretty much the only one out here with a different dealer in area having one come in Nov. Takeuchi tells me maybe December if i sign contract now, looked out of state but for new it seems territorial and none south and west of Pennsylvania can't sell me a new one.
We have an older 322 that we really like and my brother has a 333g at work that he likes. From researching recently I would probably try out the takeuchi, but both are good machines. One thing I hate on the 333g is the swing out door. For how we use the skid steer, we are constantly getting in and out with the boom in different positions. If we upgrade ours in the future it will have to have a roll up door.
What did you end up getting?
333G still waiting delivery. Ordered in October