Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl130 will not turn over just clicks

miked_9606 · 2021-09-09 08:06

I have a 06 tl130. Original issue was battery flashing causing the engine to shut down. Limped it back to shop and parked it. Ordered alternator, put in, took machine out to test same issue. Limped back in shop. Turned off. Immediately after turning off I cannot get it to turn over just clicks. Clicking comes from solenoid in back right below the 3 big inline fuses by battery. Checked ground, checked battery, pulled starter (dead on bench). Replaced with new starter. Same issue. Turn the key just clicks. Every once in a while to no rhym or reason you turn the key and the starter will turn over. That is very rare. If toggle key 30 times it may happen once. Any ideas?? Need help

Replies3
  1. #1GEOD9982021-09-22 19:48

    not exclusive to that machine, but, did you get a good look at the cables? Make sure theyre not "sick" -black/green between the strands. Also, I know you said you checked the battery,did you do a load test? and have you tried it with a different battery,,,even one borrowed out of something else? whats your multimeter readings at the relay and switch? That about covers everything that has bit me in the butt over the years .Also whats battery flashing?

  2. #2Delmer2021-09-22 21:08

    I didn't see any mention of voltage anywhere. or charging the battery. Charge the battery overnight. Remove charger and let it sit a day, or at least an hour, check the battery voltage. Then check the battery voltage while trying to crank it, if it doesn't crank, check the voltage at the starter, and in between until you find the issue.

  3. #3c_c_d2021-12-04 21:32

    I’m experiencing same thing....did you happen to find the source of your problem.?