Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL130 with H-Pattern Control – how can i convert back to ISO pattern??

sepulchral ยท 2019-07-14 22:40

Please help! i hate this h-pattern control on my tl130. I see that this was a field service kit that was purchased and installed on the machine. does anyone know how i can reverse the BS or where to start?

Replies8
  1. #1KSSS2019-07-14 22:50

    H pattern is the way gawd himself wanted a machine to be run.

  2. #2skata2019-07-15 02:33

    i thought you could swap the control hoses around.

  3. #3KSSS2019-07-15 02:48

    skid steers are not like excavators, it is more than just swapping hoses

  4. #4skata2019-07-16 03:49

    but the takeuchi machines are hydraulic over hydraulic controls like excavators. i vaguely remember a kit being offered to switch the control pattern.

  5. #5KSSS2019-07-16 08:26

    I am sure there is a kit. Most pilot machines have or had one, but it is more than just swapping hoses around. It can be done with the kit, but just making the point its not like a pattern changer on an excavator. Taki does offer a pattern changer on the newest machines, but making all flows and psi the same across the drive and loader functions doesn't give the same performance as a dedicated pattern machines. Komatsu offered the same thing years ago when they were in the SSL market and as of a couple years had it under patent still. Even though its solution wasn't great either.

  6. #6Mark132019-07-17 23:44

    I switched my TL230 from H pattern back to ISO about 5yrs ago when I bought it. I had to switch left hand consoles, take out some spacers, and I believe it was 4 lines got moved around and 2 hyd line extensions were removed. My local dealer gave me the instructions and a used console and in a few hours I had it back to ISO.

  7. #7Marktl2302025-08-10 22:21

    Do you still have the parts to switch from iso to H pattern

  8. #8Zac Maley2026-01-23 12:59

    Do you happen to have the console part number ?