Hi we have a Takeuchi TL140 that is giving me some trouble with the 2 speed. So what it does is... I'll be using it between 1st and 2nd speed for a couple hours with no problem then all of a sudden I click the 2nd gear(if you will) on and nothing. The light comes on but it won't go in 2nd gear. Then I just leave the button pushed and it seems when it's ready it starts to work. So then say I let it sit for a while and go do something else. When I come back it works fine for a bit, then gives me problems all over again. Am I making sense? It is really frustrating. I was first thinking maybe it is the switch but the light comes on. So now not sure. It seems to do it when its been used for awhile but the letting it sit for even 15 or 20 minutes makes it work right again, but not for long! Help! Thanks AJ
It is probably the 2 speed solenoid is sticking. That is a common repair and any dealer should have it in stock. The other common problem is a wiring issue, but if the light changes, then your wiring is fine.
Hey thanks I'll call the dealer today!
could also be the cooler unit is full of dust and its is starting to overheat the hydrolic fluid , I would wash out the cooler/raidiator just in case (not the inside , just the fins on the outside).
I'll do that also. Since it will be in our shop for a bit with a hydraulic leak between the pumps, a broken pulley on the a/c idler, and a fan belt that won't stay tight!
It could also be the relay in the electrical mess under the cover right in front of your feet. Sometimes I have had the solenoid get hot and do very similar things
I puller that cover today and it was pretty full of dust and dirt. Cleaned it all out and tomorrow I will be pressure washing the radiators and whole machine. We'll see what happens.
So I tried everything you guys said. I even found a thread on another forum talking about it. I replaced what the dealer thought was the two speed solenoid and nothing works. I still get the same old problem. I have a picture from the thread and wanted to see if anyone could point out the correct solenoid since the dealer has no clue and apparently doesn't want to do their job. Thanks!
Well thank you, that will make life easier.
Hi tool_king, I tried to open the link to the service manual but it didn't work...am I supposed to copy & paste the entire wording? In any case, my problem is similar - I have a TL130 approx 1200hrs ... Problem is machine tracks perfect in first speed, but right track does not kick into second speed when I press the 2nd speed button on the pilot control. The left track does kick into second speed so when I pilot to straight ahead, the machine veers to the right in second speed... What could this be ??
I would guess the problem is in the travel motor that is not shifting. The solenoid controls two speed pressure to both motors and if one is not shifting I'd look at that motor.
I was told to swap the two hydraulic hoses that go into the tee fitting of the solenoid of the subvalve(item 3-4 in the schematic above)... to see if the problem crosses over to the left travel motor... skytraker... what do i look for in the right travel motor??
Tool_king.....Link not working to the service manual... Can you repost? How do you open the link to the service manual?
does anyone have a link to the service manual for the Takeuchi TL130 ???? i am ready to break open the travel motor since second speed is not kicking in...
did you ever figure out this issue? on my machine, when i press the switch for 2nd speed, the rabbit light comes on, but there is sometimes a delay for the 2nd speed to kick on.
i ended up replacing the electric 2 speed solenoid and it has fixed the issue.
Terra175c Do you still the manual? I can repost if needed.Or email it straight to your email address.
How is the 2 speed accomplished? Are the drive motors variable speed swash plates?
Did you ever figure out what the problem was with it not shifting into 2 speed? I have a tl140 that isn’t wanting to shift into high speed when getting warmed up just like you were saying.
does the yellow dash light come on when you select 2nd? if so, i'd inspect your solenoid. picture above shows what it looks like. its located under the seat.
Yes it did. I replaced the two speed solenoid and it hasn’t gave me one problem since
ground was good. When I checked for voltage(around 12vdc) at the solenoid and I had none. The wiring schematic shows the power wire to the solenoid coming from the instrument cluster, but no other information. I removed the cover off the bottom of the instrument cluster and by tracing wiring I found a relay mounted to the metal plate that the instrument cluster mounts to. Amazon has this relay for $13 and dealer wants $35. This relay has 4 wires going to it. Two are yellow and should have 12v with the key on. The light green wire goes to the two speed solenoid. The pink wire grounds when the two speed switch is pressed. This closes the relay and sends 12v to the two speed solenoid. I found that our instrument cluster was bad($650), because I was not getting the ground to actuate the relay and all the other wiring was good. I verified this by jumpering one of the yellow wires to the light green and the two speed solenoid actuated. I took apart the instrument cluster and was able to find the broken wire inside and was able to solder a new wire in to repair it. Everything it checking good now. Hope this helps others in troubleshooting their two speed problems.
The two speed solenoid is circled in yellow. The red is the safety solenoid(machine won’t do anything hydraulically if disconnected)
Good find .You got it up and going.
I had a TL 130 do the same thing only happen with all the running lights on replaced the battery fixed the problem when I get time i'm going have the alternator tested
I have a tl130 takeuchi and am having problems with the controls lap bar sometimes stops me and do you have shop manual for that tl130 takeuchi so I can find the relay everyone is talking about thank you
I can email it . With the relay layout . What's your email address?
@tool_king could you please email me any manuals you have for a tak tl130? I too am having issues with changing speeds
What is your email addresses ?
[email protected]
I don't want to hack this thread but.....I just bought a very tired tl130 that wont start could I possibly get the workshop manual too?? [email protected]
I will send it to you.
could you help a brother out with a copy of that manual please and thank you?
What is your email address?
[email protected] ...... Many many thanks.
Hey what’s up guys I did the wire trick to the relay no luck no rabbit light coming on only at pre start up
Did you ever get yours working?
Did you ever get it working correctly?
Could someone please send me the workshop manual for tl130? (and any other manuals i might need) [email protected] Thank you
On the way to you .
I could use it if possible
What is your email so I cand send them ?
Have problem with 2 speed also. Machine is a Gehl CTL60; year 2004; hours 1830 yes that is correct hours; same as a Takeuchi TL130, just the Gehl name on the machine. Machine is new to me, the two speed acts up, meaning it switches into high speed when it wants to; forget me activating the two speed button on the left hand joy stick and the rabbit lights up on the control screen, the machine only seldom goers into two speed, high mode. I looked around on the web for information on this matter, some one posted that they fixed the problem by replacing the solenoid part number 180873. So I ordered up the new solenoid and installed it, no change. I tried operating it for a few minuets switching between low and high speed and only once and that was after a while, did it go into high speed. I pressed the speed button again and it when into low speed and has not gone back into high speed. Some one have an idea how to fix this problem. Images below are the control (sub) valve with old solenoid mounted to the sub valve. Photo of solenoid (old one) taken apart, the metal shaft has a slight wear circle on it about 1/2 inch above the flange on the shaft in photo below the mounting plate if you blow up the image you can see it on the shaft. The flange is about 1/2 wide. From service book the info provided on the solenoid. What ever comments you make will be greatly appreciated.
I can not read the top part number the rest below looks like ACA 1213 50405 not thing like it shows up on amazon, Do you remember the top part number?
The relay was: CA1A-DC12V-N ACA1213
If I remember correctly our rabbit light would light up when two speed button pushed but would not speed up also. If the wiring is good from that relay to the two speed solenoid I would suspect it’s something inside your instrument panel also.
I tried the machine today after it had sat unused for a couple of days. Had to jump start the (new battery in May 2025) to start it. Drove it to the shop switching between high and low speed many times like there was no problem with the machine. I checked if I had power coming to the solenoid which I had, the two speed switched back and forth moments before. So I remembered your comment about the relay. I took the cover off the lower control panel cover cleaned things up a little and found two relays. I see two relays with your part number CA1A-DC12V-n ACA1213. Noticed the relay with the two yellow wires one green and one red attached to one of the relays. The top relay in the photos.I will order one of these relays and install it.Hopefully that will fix the two speed problem. Thank you Pappa6 much appreciated. Maybe this relay is bad once it gets warmed up I will find out shortly.