Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

takeuchi tl140 hydraulic problems

dwolfe ยท 2021-10-10 23:04

I have tl 140. Every now and then you can hear the hydraulic work against it's self. it's starting to get worst as time go's by. I can push the detentes and it will stop for a little bit. only to start working against it's again. Sometime when this happens the bucket controls will not work. The alternator went out so i thought could be electrical. I replace the alternator and the battery charges to 12.4 volts. I also replaced the detector units by your feet about 6 months ago. I Have a repair manual for it but the electrical is vague. Anyone have an idea where to start. Thanks David

Replies6
  1. #1skata2021-10-12 13:50

    Is the auxiliary hydraulics kicking on by chance?

  2. #2David Wolfe2021-10-12 16:58

    I did try to move the thumb toggle switch when it sound like it was working against it self. I also pull it apart and the wire look ok. Maybe I need to disconnect the wires to eliminate the chance of that switch making. thanks

  3. #3heymccall2021-10-12 17:46

    My TL150 have rocker on handle AND foot pedal for the same function. Could the foot pedal be stuck on?

  4. #4skata2021-10-12 18:44

    Are the buttons to your left, below the control on? The buttons that are sorta clear.

  5. #5heymccall2021-10-12 18:56

    Green light ON for two way function. Orange light OFF for non-latching.

  6. #6dwolfe2021-10-12 22:27

    My 140 just has the rocker switch, it doesn't has a foot pedal. Thanks heymccall for posting this part of manual. I didn't know how this all worked together. I don't think button A and B are an option on my machine. It will load up and I can push detent D and get it to unload, but it will load back up in that mode in a couple of minutes. When it loads up most of the time the bucket will not go or tilt. Thanks