Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi Tl140 Track Review

bam1968 ยท 2025-04-17 15:32

I apologize if this has been previously discussed. I have about 100 hrs on this set of Prowler tracks. I was going to post this when I first got them because I was very pleased on the difference they made on this machine. A little back story.... I bought this loader about 5 years ago from a neighbor. It had what I call the 'block' style tracks on it. After the first winter of trying to push snow I decided to try a set of the 'zig zag' type tracks. That was a big improvement for traction in the snow and had good traction in the dirt as well. That being said, if I was on anything hard packed at all the cab and door would shake and rattle to the point that I would wear earplugs if I was going to be running it for any length of time. It was basically unbearable. One day I was finishing a pretty steep slope beside a building pad and the lower track came off and put a big rip in it. So after a bit of research I decided to try a set of these prowler tracks with this tread pattern. These tracks ride so much better than the old tracks ever did!!!! They look like the day I put them on but only about 100 hrs on them. Time will tell if they will last but so far I very pleased. Besides the ride they seem to have good traction in the dirt. We didn.t get alot of snow this year so I can't really comment on that. So for you folks that have a Tak that vibrates really bad take a look at these Prowler tracks. It was a game changer for me.

Replies2
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-04-18 07:24

    Almost looks like a modified R4 tread on a tire.

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-04-19 22:08

    Why tracks for clearing snow? They look more like R1 Ag tractor tire tread.