I replaced the tracks and drive sprockets about 130 hours ago and in the process checked everything on the bottom end then also but still had enough vibration to rattle my teeth loose even traveling on smooth dirt. What did I miss and where should I start looking. It works like a champ but this vibration is insane. My intent is to finish digging my pond and load the rest of the dirt to haul off before I clean her up and pull her into the shop to look for any needed repairs but I would like to know where to start.
Did you change tread patterns with the new tracks? Meaning were the old tracks C lugs and the new ones bars or vise versa?
Both are C-lugs. it wasn't smooth to begin with but here lately it seems rougher. it may just be me but I can't help but think something is going bad. Hope I'm wrong but roughly 6500 hours so.......?
My dad has a TL250 and it is rough and rattles like crazy also. Takeuchi makes strong, tough machines but they aren't designed with the operator in mind.
I have a TL140. When I bought the loader it had worn block style tracks. Put a set of zig zag type tread tracks on. Those had good bite but the ride was absolutely crap on any hard surface. One day I ruined one track going sideways on a steep slope so I bought a set that looks like a rear tractor tire tread ( can't remember what they are called). They have been on that machine about a year and I couldn't be happier with them. Got rid of the annoying vibration and has pretty good traction. Actually enjoy running it now.
I had a Tl130. Also replaced the sprockets and tracks. I thought it was quite smooth and comfortable. No vibration. Seemed to crush everything in its way. I think it's something else. Post image of your machine.
New discovery. If your vibration gets more intense the first thing you may want to check are the 2 bolts that hold the cab to the frame. The left side was very loose and the right side had come completely out. Put the bolts back in with new lock washers and the vibration is back to standard. I still feel like the last time I raised the cab I tightened them up because I use an impact to put them in place and the vibration got worse over time rather than immediately. Makes a world of difference.
I had to replace the two cylinders that help raise the cab. Not sure if that helps stop noise as well.
One of mine failed some time ago so I changed them both out. It had no affect on on the ride and the only noise it helped to calm down was that high pitched squeal people around me heard when I had to open the cab.