I was talking with to some guys the other day who were watching me on the skid steer. They were amazed at just how much dirt the little thing would move. We were trying to figure out what sized dozer it would compare to. I'm guessing it would atleast keep up with a cat D3. Skid steer weighs 10,000 + LBS with 100HP motor. Here's a video of it in action so you can judge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls9XGP7oCMI
I would say it could push beside a D3 with no problem. I know my TL130 feels like a beast but compared to a TL150 it is a **** ant. That thing could of done even better it the pile you were pushing out of wasn't taller then the machine. What was that horrible screech sound every time you started into the pile? Are one of your rollers binding up some? Finally someone with a video of a Takeuchi in action.. Get some more if you get a chance.
I think it's because you run it at a high speed, you can push a lot more dirt than will fit into the bucket. A great video and a great feat to move that much dirt, Chris. awesome.
Yep I fixed that screech sound. Track was just a little loose. While pushing I was slightly turning, this caused the loose track to bind and pop. shot some greese in the fitting and tightend the track right up. I don't know how long the undercariage will last though, all the friggin mud were in takes a toll on it. We've had it just over a year and have 850 hrs on it.
According to my dealer he said the rollers should last anywhere from 2000 to 3000 Hrs depending on how and where it is ran. Once the rollers get paper thin it is time to replace. They aren't cheap though I think he said like $280 per roller. I think your TL150 has 5 per side.So that would be like $2,800. Also the front and rear rollers should last upwards of 4000 Hrs.according to them. They are not bad on price though for how long they last. The sprockets should last around 2500 to 3000 Hrs. Also run them until they are sharp or skipping drive lugs on the tracks. They are not bad on price either. Much cheaper then a ASV or Cat under carriage which have many more rollers and are rubber bonded and wear out faster and are pricier. The tracks all depend on you and how you run them. They can last 500Hrs. or 2,000Hrs.
I going to dissagree! At 700 hrs we had to replace the tracks, sprockets and a couple rollers. Rollers were $400.00 each, sprockets were $350.00 each and the tracks were The links started to rip out of the tracks Check out the difference in the sprocket size for the 2nd to the 3rd pic
I'm going to agree with you I see around 700-800 hours out of the tracks up here and usually sprockets with the 2nd set of tracks and the rollers are expensive and definitely don't last 2-3000 hours in most applications. The tracks are an SOB to change too because they are so heavy.
Well that sucks. I will have to track my hour replacements on mine. I only have 170 Hrs on mine so I am no where near needing anything replaced yet. They were pricing me parts for my TL130 so maybe that is why it was cheaper.
A D-3 could have had that pile down in half the time, once you get a trough through it, it's goes really quick, sorry to say that and rain on your parade, but even I thought my T190 could out push a D-3, and then I put it side by side and the bigger dozer always won out. But on a side note, it was really sweet to see that TL150 move, I wish I could be doing the same with my Cat.
I don't know that 150 is bigger than a T190. I still think it will beat the dozer, so much faster.
Dirtman2007- the T190's operating weight is around 7,600lbs and it is only 61hp. Your TL150 is around 10,500 with 99hp. There is no doubt that a TL150 can move a bunch of dirt!
It might be faster, but the D-3 dozer still packs a punch with 2 cubic yards of blade capacity and 16,000 pounds of weight behind it.
I think the 150 would give it a good run for its money. It may not push as many cu yards at the end of the day. However if the task was more diverse than just pushing the versatility of the 150 would outshine a D-3. Comparing the T190 to the 150 is like comparing a D-3 to a D-5.
Do you tend to use float mode when you back drag? jmf
sometimes I use the float but most of the time I just free hand it. depends on the day, sometime you just can't get it no matter how hard you try. We have a 1 yrd bucket on that machine. I figure with it heaped up it'll hold 1.5 yrds, then pushing it may get up 2.5 yards total. One day I counted how many scoops it took to move 18-19 tons of screenings, only took 14 big scoops. I can knock down a 18 yrd pile of dirt in 5 passes. Next time I'm spreading dirt at the dump site I'll take a video of it. It's fooling just how much ass this thing has.
thats not a good comparison. the tl150 can probably push at least twice the amount of dirt over a t190. the t190 is a small machine.
i would fall on the skid steer side of this...we have an asv rc100 and i had the opportunity to cut a ditch in a hardpacked crush and run parking lot at the local fire house with a dozer blade last weekend...this is packed tight as we drive the trucks over it all the time and the rc100 (very close to the 150 in specs) cut through it like it was nothing...frankly i was as dirtman said shocked at the ass it had...guess you never know til you try it out
Alright lets put an end to this. Anyone have a TL150 and a D3 they can put side by side on a equal size pile. It also depends on what year D3 you are comparing to. I know the first dozer I learned on was a 1980's something D3 and it would never even touch that TL150. Even the 1999 model I ran with the Hydrostatic tranny it had no turbo and would fall on its face when trying to push off truck loads of dirt. I still say the TL150 could keep up if not out push a D3.
I find it hard to believe that anyone would think a 10,000# rubber track loader will out push a 16,000# pound dozer with steel single grouser tracks. While the mtl's are certainly impressive, they are'nt even close in pushing power. I can't say I've put my d3 against a tl 150, but I have had to pull one out of the mud several times on a site I was on!
i have both machines listed in this thread. I have never compared the 2 and don't really consider using one over the other on particular jobs. I will say imo the the TL150 is the closest thing to a dozer ctl wise. Im lost as to why someone in another thread would be caught up trying to decide which to buy a small dozer or a tl150 or track skidsteer(cant remember which ctl they were interested in) 2 totally different machine used for many reasons. Some time this week ill dump a trailer load in my yard and do the test for everyone. still don't understand the reason for the comparison.
skidsteer I think everyone has good points. I bought a Takeuchi TL26 (TL130 size)about 3 years ago, it was my first skidsteer. We install septic systems and do land clearing. My first opinion was, this thing is like a little dozer. I know this doesnt compare to a TL150, but its a great machine and I dont know how I got along without it, I run it usually when the more critical stuff needs to be done. I bought a root rake grapple about a year ago, to help clear the lots and load the brush. That was my second great purchase. I think if the same size pile of dirt was put side by side, say you have to move it 100ft, I think the 150 would give the dozer a run for its money.
I don't have a D3 but here's my results for takeuchi, a quad axel load of dirt. Around 14 yards in 5 passes with the tak. all dirt was roughly spread in 1min and 10 sec. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWhOhFlOLnY
I love watching Tak's work.
While the taks are impressive, and fast, your cat rides like a cadilac. Ive spent about 250 hours in the 150, and older taks. They have great power and speed, but man to they beat on ya.
Awesome machine Dirtman, Have you ever weighed it? Any TL150 with cab and air cond that I have been around actually weighed in at around 12,000 lbs. They are definately a beast. Geno
i have a cat 935c and it is around the same size as the d3 maybe a little bit bigger i would push circles around that ctl you are compareing apples to oranges there is no way a 10'000 pound machine can out push a 16'000 pound machine lets do the math here
the cat may ride smoth, but if you went into a pile like the takeuchi did in the 2 videos, it would fall on its face and stall. i have 4 cats all 287s and 2 takeuchi. there is no comparison what so ever as far as power. I will say the takeuchi does a lot of damage to the ground compared to the cat