A friend just bought a ASV 4810 and was wondering if there is a conversion made, or how big a job it would be to swap out the 2 lever drive controls of the 4810 and replace it with the joystick controls of the newer RC machines? Could it be done, and could you afford it? Is it a different valve and set up or just different control mechanism? I don't know much about it except it really pushes snow. He loves his machine, just likes the newer controls better. Thought I would ask the experts here, this site has been a great help to me. Thanks:usa
I don't think it would be possible. If I remember correctly the 4810 had mechanical linkages to the pumps and the new ASV pilot system has hoses running to a block that is tied into the pump. The other think is that the new ASV pumps are built by Rexroth and I think that the old 4810 pumps were just like the old Bobcats and used a sunstrand pump.
Even if your friend can't swap out to a joystick he still owns one of the best MTL ever made in my opinion. They could go anywhere and almost walk on water unlike the new ones that have a much higher PSI and tracks that go from end to end of the machine. I would like to see a equal sized new ASV go head to head with the 4810.
I have a 4810 That I have had to replace the cable from the lever to the pump. I think the new machines only have one pump when the 4810 has 2 pumps. As for when I was in looking at in I dont think you would be able to change it over they have changed them a ton. Paul