Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

takeuchi tl150 track replacement?

Georgia Iron ยท 2014-11-09 08:02

I have just purchased a old and worn tl150. Both tracks are spilt and pulling apart. We were barely able to get it on my trailer. The seller told me that the last set of tracks he bought for it were duds. He stated that the metal inside the rubber has some spot welds with pins and cables. He further stated that the welds will brake and the tracks started spilting apart. He could not advise what to buy. I checked with Iron peddlers and they use a brand that comes out of Lawrenceville ga. I also saw these for sale http://www.viqan.com/Takeuchi-Steel_track_with_rubber_pads_for_a_Takeuchi_TL150.html I have read a lot on the site and I see mixed opinions. Any one have thoughts or recommendations?

Replies14
  1. #1clintm2014-11-09 08:18

    I've also wondered about steel track's rubber pad's on mini excavators. the cheaper rubber one's don't last very long

  2. #2JD88752014-11-09 22:18

    Was browsing through the website you posted and noticed they list a steel track for the tl240. Always wondered if it would be possible to adapt a set of the mini ex steel tracks to a CTL. Always thought a CTL on steel triple bars or double bars would be an amazing machine. John

  3. #3heymccall2014-11-10 01:41

    I run ITR tracks on my TL150s. Never had an issue with them.

  4. #4Georgia Iron2014-11-14 17:13

    HeyMccall, I went with your recommendation and got the itr tracks. Next time remind me to take a bigger truck. I went with the single bar style. I spoke to several different companies and looked at ebay. The camoplast and Mclaren tracks seemed nice also. Looking at the tracks that are still on my machine which has 1600 hrs. One is a solideal which has been bought out by camoplast. The other is a factory Oem takeuchi track. The factory track still looks like it might have some life in it. The solideal track split and metal plates seperated from the other forged guides. I noticed the factory track and the IPR tracks are made similar and dont seem to be two pieces of metal. The Mclaren track and camoplast tracks almost had me. A couple of things that stopped my purchase from either of them is the websites are full of fancy sales stuff but I could not actually see how the insides were made. I wanted real pics of the steel and the metal that is in the rubber. They both seem to be quality but I could not really see what I was getting. There price was better than the OEM. I called viqan twice to check on the steel tracks. No call back and no answer. I also noticed on the supertrac machines that there is a top idler and 6 rollers vs 5 on the tl150. I guess this is to deal with the extra weight. So I passed on that. My dealer is also carrying an aftermarket track. It was about $1000.00 less than OEM per track, one of the guys at the dealer told me a tree service had busted 2 sets of the after market track they carry. He told me that they had to go back to the OEM. I hope the ITR can handle tree and demo work, because I do a fair amount of that. I will provide feed back in the months and years to come.

  5. #5Georgia Iron2014-11-19 08:35

    I forgot to mention who I found that sells the IPR tracks. Iron peddlers in London, Ky and Heavy Equip in FL. Both places were nice to me on the phone.

  6. #6antonio762015-08-30 12:21

    how did these tracks work for you?

  7. #7Georgia Iron2015-08-31 20:16

    So far, no complaints. I like them. They will destroy grass in one pass if you are doing lawn crossings. But for traction they are great.

  8. #8JNB2015-08-31 20:39

    Hey Georgia, how many hours on your tracks so far?

  9. #9Georgia Iron2015-08-31 21:07

    Probably about 100 or so. I have really just started using the machine hard. I have been pushing perimeter roads on an over grown hunting land. So far I have cleared about 1.5 mile of road through the most gosh awful grounds. The thickest most dense growth imaginable, can't even walk through it, most of it is 10 to 20 ft tall. Stuck the machine once, almost stuck it again on a lakes edge, then about lost it again near a marsh, had to double back around high ground on a ridge which took another 1/4 mile of clearing to get back to safety. It is amazing when you get in low areas and push a tree over and watch the hole fill back up with water when you just crossed over the hole. I got hemmed up between a marsh and a water filled hole and almost lost the tank once again. Pushing in the mud and sand it has done surprisingly well. A wheeled machine could not even follow much less work. I was thinking of putting a 953 loader on site and have decided not too. I can't afford to bury it. It would be bad news. Every now and then the tracks pop hard when a stump or tree gets into the roller frame, I try to avoid it but sometimes it's is so thick I can't get out to fix it or remove the debris. But so far they have taken some abuse, I will cry if I break them all over this page. Lol. I noticed my phone jumbled up the name of the tracks to clarify ITR is the brand.

  10. #10JNB2015-08-31 21:17

    Knock on wood quick! I've about worn out the finish on my coffee table.

  11. #11j.pye192016-05-23 15:24

    How well are those ITR rubber tracks holding up? Thanks

  12. #12BuMach2016-05-23 17:21

    Usely ITR is a good replacement for rubber tracks. They are cheap compared to the rest and are good value for money. Wont beet a camoplast or bridgestone but then again the price doesnt either..

  13. #13Georgia Iron2016-05-24 09:22

    They seem to be holding up good. I am happy with them so far.

  14. #14HillBoy2016-05-26 18:11

    We've been very pleased with the McLaren TDF tracks - a bit more expensive, but a great traction and ride. Work well in snow as well. About 1,500 hrs so far and still going. Hope they get close to 2,000 hrs, but who knows...