Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL230

dukeyjoe ยท 2013-09-13 11:59

When running the brush cutter in detent mode (constant one-way), it has just started to kick off the hydraulic flow going to the cutter. It will start right back up and run for a variable of time and then kick off again. I have put, almost 250 hrs on it and it's 500 hr. service is coming up. Is there a filter, sensor or solenoid that could causing this reaction. It appears to have plenty of hydraulic fluid, although it does appear to have darkened up a bit. There are no warning lights blinking. Thanks, Duke

Replies5
  1. #1dukeyjoe2013-09-15 16:25

    Anyone........anyone??? Bueller........Bueller??? Surely, someone else on this forum owns a Takeuchi. The hoses to the cutter did feel a bit hotter than usual, so I cleaned the radiator fins and added a little oil to hydraulic reservoir and am going to go back to work and see how it does now. Feel free to respond with any thoughts on this subject. Thanks, Duke

  2. #2dukeyjoe2014-05-09 09:46

    Resurrecting this old thread cause I never got an answer. Hopefully, someone knows it.

  3. #3JNB2014-05-09 20:16

    Just out of curiosity, what brand is the cutter? I ask, because I was having the sane issue with a rented Bradco until I ran the machine up another 200 rpm.

  4. #4dukeyjoe2014-05-10 23:37

    It's a Blue Diamond Extreme 6 ft open front cutter. http://www.bluediamondattachments.com/skid-steer-brush-cutter.html I cut down about 5 acres of thickly packed sweetgums, whose stumps measured between 6 and 10 inches and then about 10 of blackberry bushes that extended way above the cab.

  5. #5JNB2014-05-11 10:15

    What RPM were you running? Did you notice it happening more when you were also using loader functions and the travel function together in conjunction with the cutter running?