Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 40XT won’t start

jlm1 ยท 2013-09-12 19:55

I have 40xt with only 1,000hrs on it. The machine was running fine, I turned it off for a few minutes to adjust the forks, then when attempting to re-start machine it spun-over------ tried to start--------then just spun. I checked fuel filters, drained water seperator, tried bleeding fuel line all with no change I have no idea what to check next as this is my first diesel machine

Replies8
  1. #1grandpa2013-09-12 19:59

    I know nothing about Case, but when you turn the switch to the on position do you hear anything click in the motor area?

  2. #2jlm12013-09-12 20:28

    Not sure, I'll go out and see

  3. #3jlm12013-09-12 20:50

    No, only clicks seem to be relays in fuse panel

  4. #4grandpa2013-09-12 20:55

    Might not be getting power to the fuel shutoff solenoid ,,, try checking power to it and also look at your fuse panel

  5. #5grandpa2013-09-12 21:03

    Here's a pretty good site to aid you in looking. http://www.colemanequip.com/Case-40...x/FUSE-AND-RELAY-MAIN-nus4/?&o=1#partdiagrams

  6. #6jlm12013-09-12 22:24

    Will find and check fuel solenoid first thing tomorrow thx grandpa

  7. #7grandpa2013-09-12 22:27

    No problem jlm1,,,, and welcome to the forum.

  8. #8soapstoneguy2014-11-19 18:20

    Similar problem I have a similar problem. Was working fine the day before, the next day when i turn the key i get nothing...just some clicking (which sounded like it was coming from the starter) so I checked my battery, had it tested and checked out. Pulled the starter off and had it rebuilt but after installing I just got the same result. I did notice that the key is a bit sloppy in the ignition so I'm wondering if it is a problem in there. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!