Hey all, hoping for some help here. 2012 Takeuchi TL230 (tracks not wheels)... was piling up brush into burn piles with my grapple and all was going fine and then all of a sudden it felt like it kicked into limp mode (which it doesn’t have). It would move very slowly and jerky so I backed up a few feet and did a few turns and it was moving really slowly. Then all of a sudden it just stopped moving and bucket froze. Engine starts and runs fine, no indicator lights on, lap bar is firmly in place but it won’t move at all, the tracks or the bucket. It’s just frozen. Joysticks don’t do anything. But when I push the button for rabbit mode the light will come on but the tractor doesn’t move an inch. Any ideas? And I’m basically an idiot when it comes to mechanics. So if anything I need to figure out what the issue is to hire someone to fix. When I called a couple local guys they said they don’t know anything about Takeuchi and pretty much hung up. Help! I’ve got a lot of work to get done....
Did you notice the bucket and boom getting slower as the machine slowed? As a random guess it could be the coupler between the engine and pump input shaft. It may have stripped or broken somehow and now everything works except there's nothing to spin the pump stack so there's no drive or boom functions.
Yes. About 60 seconds before everything stopped working it slowed down a lot and was jerky, not smooth. I backed up and went to pivot on each track and it would slowly jerk and turn left but when I tried to turn right in reverse it wouldn’t do it, then I went forward again and it crawled about 10 feet very slowly and the bucket lowered about half way very slowly then everything quit working (just the boom and the tracks, engine runs fine).
Whatever it has connecting the engine to the pump would be my first guess. That's the only thing I can think of that would knock out all the functions at the exact same time like you describe. I would think you'd have a charge pressure or some other warning light(s) going on though if the key is on but the pumps aren't turning. It may be possible to unbolt the pump stack from the engine and slide everything forward enough to get at it without major disassembly, but I don't know enough about that machine to say for sure.