Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL240 warning light flashes 6 times, won’t crank

Chemicalburn · 2023-10-09 16:27

Hey everyone. I picked up a Takeuchi 2011 TL240 this week. So far, I’ve put 2 hrs on it. It has cranked fine before. This morning (at 39 degrees), it took a couple rounds to start and sounded like it was struggling. I figured it was just cold. After it cranked, it ran fine. After 45 minutes, I shut it off. 30 minutes after that, I tried to crank it back, and it won’t start. All the lights come on as normal, but when I move the key switch to start, the starter just clicks. The battery is 6 months old. I’ve checked it and it’s putting out 12.6V and it is showing good on my load tester. When I try to crank it, the triangle with exclamation warning light flashes 6 times then goes off. I’m thinking it’s the starter, but could it be something else electrical? Also, does anyone have a service manual for it? Serial number is 22400940. Thanks for any help.

Replies2
  1. #1skata2023-10-09 21:48

    Check battery ground where it bolts to frame. Known to rot. If you're on Facebook, there's a pretty helpful Group for Takeuchi. And there's a file section there with lots of manuals.

  2. #2Chemicalburn2023-10-10 08:12

    Ok thanks. I’ll try that with the battery ground and check out the group.