Hey guys, sure am glad to have found this forum! I have a 99 Tak tl26, 2300 hrs. All filters changed less than 300hrs ago with exception of line filter. I'll be getting that soon but the indicator light for replacement goes off after the machine is running. Replaced left drive hydraulic hose and no problems since. I saw a couple threads where the drive pump/motors went bad...keeping fingers crossed on that one. What happened today is when you move the bucket joystick it only goes up and down and tilts forward and it seems to do it no matter what position the stick is moved to. :Banghead It won't uncurl the bucket it it comes down really slow. We had a similar problem about 6 months ago and found it to be a relay. I have a hard time believing that relay went bad that fast, but that will be the first line of attack. Has anyone had problems with the pilot valve going bad? I was just about to order the o-ring/seal kits, it leaks slightly, but I don't think it is the valve. I will also scope out the two wires and connectors inside the joystick. Joy joy. Anyone had this problem? I read some older threads on this machine, and was looking to download the service manual-- I have the parts and owners--but the link had a problem loading. Does anyone know where I can find a service manual? Some of the older threads I was reading seem to think this is a pretty tough machine, but I don't want to invite trouble if the $5800 drive pump/motor is going to go,so...what are your opinions on this machine? is drive pump/motor failure a common thing on this model? What is the least expensive parts supplier? Ok one more thing--this machine is green with a white cab, most other ones I have seen are red/gray, just curious why they're different. I am thinking of painting it and think I like the red/gray better. Thanks alot!
Seems to me like your on the right track. I have found that usually if the problem is not straight forward, it is a process of elimination by checking the easiest things first (not necessarily replacing) wiring, valves, etc etc. I have always seen the Tac's Red & Gray, why yours is different I would say either someone painted it to match another companies colors, I am assuming you bought it used, either that or it belonged to a rental company at some time would be my other thought. :my2c
There is another tl26 on machinery trader with the same Colors as you describe.
All tl26 loaders are that color. Think some of the 126 are as well the later machines were red n grey.