Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL26 questions

brianpepper01 · 2009-10-28 16:14

I just bought a Takeuchi TL26. Its got about 3300 hours on it. I bought it sight unseen and had it shipped from Georgia to PA. I paid $5000 for it. It runs great and I love having a track machine. I had a Case 1845c prior to this. I do have a few questions. Where can I find a repair manaul at? I want to change the oil and filter. Is there a filter for the hydraulic fluid? Does it actually take hydraulic fluid or does it use motor oil? Where is the fuel filter and how do you change it? Any other maintenance advice? Are these good machines? I have been very impressed so far, I like it alot better than the case. Another question is whenever I try to turn it in a circle it feels like it doesnt have any power. Especially if I am in deep dirt or mud. It just moans and the tracks dont turn. If I go straight it will move. Could this be a dirty fuel filter? Something else? Going straight this thing is like a small dozer. It pushes dirt great. Much better then the case. Also where is a good place to buy new pins and bushings? The lower ones on the quick connect for the bucket are shot. Sorry for all the questions? I just dont know who else to ask! Thanks in advance, Brian

Replies122
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2009-10-28 22:23

    Almost my same story, but I had a Case 1840 and bought a TL26. All I can say its, the best piece of equipment I ever bought, what a workhorse. Let me try to answer your questions. I think I may have an extra parts and service manual (send me a PM) drop the belly pan and change the oil, I use 15w40 filter Baldwin B109 fuel filter, open the back door and look just forward of the right side of the radiator, yep thats it and it aint easy to get too, make sure you fill it up, before you install a new one (wix 33386/Napa 3384) Hyd filter is on the left side, on the side of the hydraulic tank (Baldwin BT398) Air filter PA1667 Baldwin My serial number says use motor oil, but Ive always used hydraulic fluid AW68, seems to work for me for the last 2 years I would change all the filters, so you can start a good maintenance program. The hydraulic and fuel filter can be changed easy by opening the cab. There are two bolts on the cab mounting bracket, on back of the cab and above the engine access cover/lid. Remove the two bolts (I think a 15/16" wrench)now it should take two people, pull/lift forward on the cab, its hard to get started to move, but once it starts it gets easier. Tilt all the way forward and now you can see almost everything. Have bucket on the ground when tilting the cab. I have took another skidsteer and tilted the cab, when I didnt have help, hook a chain on the back of the cab and pull forward. Pins and bushings, mine are in need of repair, but I just sold the machine today and will deliver on Friday. There is really not a cheap way to do this, Takeuchi will sock it to you, if you get them to do it. If I was going to replace mine, I would probrably take it to my local small machine shop and get him to do it right. You might get by with just replacing the pins for now, it will help some, you can get them from the dealer, they shouldnt be that much and they are harden bolts. If you want to do it yourself, you can get by with a piece of cold roll steel and just drill a stop bolt in the end. Now to the hard question, turning. need more info Is the engine at full power, I run mind full throttle, if Im working it hard. if you are running it slow it will do this. If you still have the problem, jack and block the machine and rotate each side of the tracks, listen/feel of the final drive, can you feel or hear anything unusual? check out the track rollers, do you have one that is bad and binding? If you dont find anything wrong, it could be the track motor, you can exchange the motors, (switch sides) It maybe a PITB, but its a way to troubleshoot the motors. OK almost finished, my typing finger is getting sore. When I first got the machine, it costs me $350 to learn this solution. The machine started acting up and didnt have any power, took it to the dealer. HUMMMMM How stupid, I felt when I picked it up. The aux hydraulic foot pedal, was not returning to neutral and bogging the engine down. I wasnt using the aux pedal, but I was resting my foot on it and I guess I was pushing on it. It was also real hard to start, when it was in this mode. This problem and a $400 starter, is the only problem Ive had, it now has 3500 hrs on it and uses zero oil. I did change the tracks and sprockets about a year ago, what a PITB, first side took 2 1/2 hrs, other side 45 minutes, its called a learning thingee. There are used parts for these machines available Be sure to change all filters, before troubleshooting a problem like yours, to make sure this isnt a issue. Good Luck, great machine and the 130 that replaced the TL26, is even better, the 150 is like a small dozer, boy that has power Sorry for the long reply

  2. #2brianpepper012009-10-29 00:11

    Thanks for all the great info. I really appriciate it! I am going to try to get to work on it this weekend. I will let you know what I find out. I am going to try to send you a pm. If you dont get it let me know. Thanks, Brian

  3. #3brianpepper012009-10-29 19:25

    Do you happen to know how much this machine will lift? I have some wood pellets on skids being delivered. They weigh a ton each. Can this lift that much with pallet forks?

  4. #4Willis Bushogin2009-10-29 19:43

    I dont know what the safe lifting capacity is, but Im sure it will lift it.

  5. #5Willis Bushogin2009-11-01 14:42

    manuals I sent you a PM, saying I had the manuals for this machine. If anyone else wants them, they are for sale

  6. #6cartzblown94z2009-11-10 17:22

    How do you guys like these machines? i am looking to buy a tl26 or tl126 in the somewhat near future. I have seen these units with over 4k hours and no issues and they were beaten up construction machines, they seem to be a great ctl

  7. #7cartzblown94z2009-11-10 17:24

    pm me about those manuals please if you still have them

  8. #8justjoe2010-08-24 13:43

    I just bought a TL 26 myself. It has less than 2000 hrs. and seems to be in decent shape. However, the battery fluid level light keeps flashing (not the charging light). Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Thanks.

  9. #9bpogue2010-08-24 14:15

    Battery fluid level light? What is that? Could it be voltage?

  10. #10justjoe2010-08-24 15:06

    On the TL 26 monitor panel (idiot lights), among the series of warning lights, near the bottom is a light that I believe is a battery fluid level monitor. On my machine there is also a separate battery charge light that will light if the alternator fails. The battery fluid level light on my machine flashes continuously when the engine is running and there is also a low volume beeping that seems to coincide with this light. I believe the original battery has been replaced on this machine with (I think) a sealed battery. I'm not sure what I can do to stop the flashing light and beeping. Thanks for your help.

  11. #11Willis Bushogin2010-08-24 15:39

    Tl26 First of all, I had a 1999 (I think) TL26 and its the toughest machine I ever owned I COULDNT KILL IT I run it hard for 2 years and it had 5000 hrs on it when I got it. I replaced the alternator and starter and I believe the battery, but that all I did and I moved a bunch of dirt and rock. The machine was and is still running great. Now to your question, I have been messing with equipment all my life and its the first time I have ever heard of a battery fluid light. I guess there is such a thing, but thats a new one on me. I hope someone will have a answer Good Luck

  12. #12BossHogg2010-08-24 17:51

    ..............

  13. #13Wisconsinfarmer2010-09-08 11:16

    tl26 battery fluid level I see the question on the battery fluid level light. I have a TL26 also and according to the manual it is a battery fluid level lamp. it says if the fluid level in the battery is low a warning buzzer will sound and this lamp will flash. on the electrical page it shows this lamp connected to a control board and a wire to the board coming from the positive side of the battery. I'm assuming it is monitoring voltage for this just like for the alternator. I'm new to the forum and have a question about my own TL26. it recently blew the hose going to the left drive motor, I replaced the hose and now the drive don't work. I bled the hoses, changed the filters and no luck. took it to the dealer and they say the drive motor is shot although it was working just fine untill the hose blew! a new motor quote was $5800.00 for just the motor! haven't made the decision yet on the motor. does anybody out there have any experience with this, or maybe even a used drive motor?

  14. #14TBJ2010-09-10 15:32

    Is it possible that the Hyd motor failure caused the hose to blow?

  15. #15Wisconsinfarmer2010-09-13 09:29

    here is a short history on my break down. the machine has around 7500 hrs on it and last year the hose on the right motor blew. replaced the hose, bled the lines and everything worked fine again. both of these hoses blew from rubbing over time on the belly plate. I was unloading round bales when the left hose blew and it was working fine. replaced the hose and it immediately wouldn't work. it leads me to think a valve is stuck. well, it's off to the dealer with it and they say the flow rates are fine and it may have sucked up some dirt when the hose blew and sent it thru the motor. I see on Ebay a guy in Chicago has a TL26 that had a problem with a right hand drive motor. So I guess the motors do fail.

  16. #16bobin352010-09-13 19:56

    I know that if you blow a hose on one of these machines stop asap dont try and limp it anywhere as this starves the motor with the blown hose for oil so it must be repaired where it sits dont try and tow them either it scores the rotating assy.in the motor destroying it in the process...

  17. #17hellcat2011-05-09 00:24

    drive motor problems How did you make out with the bad drive motor? I am about to buy same machine with a drive motor problem? What did you find out about yours? I am very good at fixing things others cant..lol But i will will not spend $5800 for a motor. It will end up being a parts machine before that. Al

  18. #18dave esterns2011-05-09 11:01

    $5000?? that sound cheap. is that what such machines go for?

  19. #19glacey2011-05-09 14:31

    how do you bleed injectors on a takeuchi tl 26

  20. #20hellcat2011-05-09 22:14

    drive motor I was talking about a drive motor for the track. One dealer gave me a price of $6400 and another $5800. Seal kit from one was $800 and other dealer was $1300. So guess dealers stick it to ya if they want to and some dont. .I dont know what these machines go for when sold. I see only a few for sale online for around $10,000. I am picking this one with bad drive motor in the morning. If i cannot fix it it will end up being sold for parts. Everything else on machine works great. But i will not invest $5800 in a machine that old. Anyone got a service manual for sale on one of the these machines

  21. #21hellcat2011-05-10 13:39

    picked up tl26 this morning I picked up machine this morning. I built a steel skid for under the dead track and rachete strapped it to track. work awsome to slide it on wrecker. Machine runs great. Just left drive motor not working. Gonna pressure wash it today and then do some digging into to see if i can find problem. Does anyone have a service manual? I just ordered a operators manual and it said it had some trouble shooting info and maintence.

  22. #22hellcat2011-05-11 21:58

    drive motor / brake questions Does anyone have a service manual that i can get a few pages copied from ya? I am trying to figure out how the brake system works in the drive motor? My drive motor will move a little bit each way then binds up pump? I am thinking maybe the brake inside motor is not releasing? Or maybe planetary drive binding up. Would buy a manual if I can get one for a reasonable price.. anyone got one for sale??? Cant seem to find one anywhere. Al Wortmann. [email protected] 985-640-5350

  23. #23tool_king2011-05-12 00:25

    hellcat here are the service manuls for the TL26 http://www.4shared.com/document/kll15iLf/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26_WT5-101E21.html http://www.4shared.com/document/Y6szUo-I/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26-TL126_WT6E.html here is the parts book http://www.4shared.com/document/MRwqP-RH/PARTS_MANUAL_TL26_PT5-101Z5-11.html

  24. #24hellcat2011-05-12 05:46

    You the man Tool king. Thanks a million. !!!!! Al

  25. #25hellcat2011-05-15 00:25

    travel motor parts needed Well got to the bottom of the travel motor problem. Few owners back let floating seal go bad and ran machine till all oil ran out. Then cleaned it and sold it. So>>>>>>> I looked up parts i needed. Can't buy the tiny rollers i need for the outer planetary setup nor can I get the thrush washers. They want to sell whole outer assy.. Great... Also need large roller bearings and floating seals. Anyone got a old motor laying around with any parts that I need? Al

  26. #26Willis Bushogin2011-05-15 10:49

    there was a Takeuchi dealer that advertisement on this site and they did have parts machines. They are located in Ohio, I think

  27. #27hellcat2011-05-18 02:13

    Travel motor parts Well been sourcing out parts for the planetary drive Assy. Got the main bearings sourced out to company in china . Koyo brand as originals for 1/4 price. Roller needles sourced out . Thrust washers grainger and fastenal. Gonna work on floating seals tomorrow. Found two companies .

  28. #28hellcat2011-05-19 17:49

    Ordered bearings today from china. Needle bearings came in mail today. Ordered thrust washers from grainger and fastenal. Located floating seals and waiting on reply with price. Al

  29. #29hellcat2011-05-20 23:40

    floating seals Well got the price on the floating seals. You will never believe the price. Dealer wanted between $800- $1300. How about $32.00. Is that crazy. The dealer prices are crazy. So I am buying 4 sets. Just to have a spare set. $95 shipping.

  30. #30hellcat2011-06-13 20:51

    Hydraulic drive motor problem?? Ok.. I have read in two other posts from owners about there drive motors working fine till a hose blows out, they replace it and the drive motor no longer works. My drive motor had bad bearings in the planetary drive. When i removed all the planetary drive parts, i tested the hydraulic drive unit. Worked perfect. both directions. So I had to remove the outer cover off hydraulic drive motor and guts. when i reasemble it now it seems the brake will not release? So this sounds like same problem as other guys with blown hoses. Is there some kind of bleeding procedure I need to know about? Nothing in manaul about this? Al

  31. #31hellcat2011-06-18 23:35

    Ok got a call back from a very nice guy at takeuchi usa. The hydraulic drive motor cover has to be clocked correctly. I had it off one set of loacter pins. Assembled and worked fine. ?????? For a little while, then i loose reverse??????? Was told to swap pressure relief valves side to side and see if it fixs it.

  32. #32hellcat2011-07-14 13:41

    hydraulic hose Does anyone know if the left or right drive motor hose going to left motor is for the reverse? I want to remove the hose and inspect the internals for a blister or blockage? I have factory manual but it does not tell you which is which.

  33. #33Wisconsinfarmer2011-07-27 10:35

    I'm not 100% positive, but when I blew the hoses (one on each motor) we could back up but not go forward. The hoses that blew were the front hose on the motor so I would think the hose on the rear side of the motor is the reverse. Now I got a question. On my problem with the drive motor, I took it into the Takeuchi dealer and they rebuilt the motor. quoted me 2800.00 for parts ended up charging 7500.00 total. loader drove fine for about two months and slowly loosing drive power. The oil gets really hot and it's just like it runs out of oil. boom and bucket still work just fine. let it cool down and it drives fine till it gets warm again. I see another post on here with a guy having almost the identical problem. also on searching the internet for info on Cat skid steers I found where a guy with a Cat track machine had this identical problem also! Is there anybody out there that knows what these problems are or how to fix them. I'd have the dealer fix it, but I don't trust them anymore. with new tracks,rollers, and this motor I'm over 15000.00 in repairs now! Idea's anyone?

  34. #34chrisw21_20002011-08-02 11:00

    I have a tl126 that did the same thing. I cut it off ad soon as it blew the end off and replaced the hose. Now no left drive motor. The right side pulls but it only rolls on the left. Service rep at hq told me to deadhead the pump with plugs and a gauge. Pump should be around 5000 psi. If that was fine I need a drive motor.

  35. #35chrisw21_20002011-08-02 22:03

    after talking with a gentleman today that has worked on hydraulics for 40 years, he informed me that 90% of the time that the motor failing is what caused the hoses to blow to begin with. He says he has repaired many over the years. He told me to rebuild my drive motor would cost less than $100 if I did the labor. He says they are simple to repair.

  36. #36jody_otoole2011-09-14 23:01

    Willis Bushogin, I have a tl26 and the right side idler wheel is shot. The track adjuster needs a seal kit. Can you itemize parts for the idler wheel or do you have to buy the whole thing? I also have a hydraulic leak between the right side travel motor (planetary) and the chasis of the skidsteer. It doesn't look like their is a seal between them? Any ideas -(seal on the piping on the back side of the motor or a seal within the planetary gear drive? I am wondering where you located the parts for one of the tl26's you were repairing in a reading? I have a parts manual and a service manual with all the part numbers. I have a number for a tl26 parts house in Omaha, NE. They tend to be very expensive and not very helpful. I am looking for other options. Can you help me or lead me in the right direction. Any input would be helpful.

  37. #37hellcat2011-10-16 17:50

    My Tl26 does same thing. When it warms up I loose power to that one drive motor after I rebuilt it. There was no damage at all to internals to drive motor, but machine was run for very long time with no oil in planetarys. Rebuilt planetarys with no parts available from takeuchi. and still loose reverse when gets warm. Disasembled all rollers and cleaned and filled up with new oil and runs for more time but still looses reverse.

  38. #38hellcat2011-10-16 17:59

    Jody you can buy just the track adjuster seal, and there is a large oring and a expensive as hell seal for the drive motor to seal drive oil from planetary gear oil. I have part numbers. I can give you track seal adjuster seal number and you could get it local. The expensive oil seal in planetary is not available aftermarket. I sourced it all the way back to oem seal maker, and never followed up on it. Seal is over $100. There is also floating seals on back drive motor to keep oil in and dirt out. When you remove drive motor inner cover the drive motor will pop out a little allowing dirt to fall into floating seal area. SO best bet is to remove track and just take it all apart. Those floating seals are very expensive from dealer. They quoted me like $800 range for seal kit. I bought floating seals from a supplier out the country very cheap and better quality. I bought extra sets if you would liek to purchase some. $180 for the two needed for one drive motor. Call me if you need more info. 985-640-5350. AL . I been trying to figure out my problems for months. You can rebuild the drive rollers also as long as dealer still sells bushings. But likely like mine, just take them off, disasemble sand corrosion and re oil them. They have floating seals also keeping them in. Front 4 have snap rings holding them together, and rear one has a big nut hidden under one side cover. I made all mine spin freely by hand after this. I noticed two got hard when i tighten them back up on machine. I ended up installing some harley transmission shims on each side between roller and machine. Worked perfect.

  39. #39hellcat2011-10-16 18:02

    there was a link a page or so back with a link to download for free service and parts manual.

  40. #40tool_king2011-10-16 19:34

    Here are the links for the guys who did not get them the first time I posted them . http://www.4shared.com/document/4l7bjn5f/OPERATORS_MANUAL_TL26_OT5-109E.html http://www.4shared.com/document/kOeM3tsX/PARTS_MANUAL_TL26_PT5-101Z5-11.html http://www.4shared.com/document/yZXUICe8/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26_WT5-101E21.html http://www.4shared.com/document/wtu1Te2-/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26-TL126_WT6E.html

  41. #41koenig2011-10-16 20:34

    Thanks tool king. My loader didn't come with manuals so this is fantastic. Awesome site you guys got here.

  42. #42chrisw21_20002011-10-26 09:20

    Can you put manuals back up? I clicked link but it wasn't found. I've tracked my problems hopefully to a relief valve on the bottom of the rear pump. I'll know more in a few days. Only able to work on it between jobs.

  43. #43tool_king2011-10-26 14:15

    chrisw21_2000 Herer are the manuals.Download links http://www.4shared.com/document/AhzyecFu/OPERATORS_MANUAL_TL26_OT5-109E.html http://www.4shared.com/document/IUoAAE_z/PARTS_MANUAL_TL26_PT5-101Z5-11.html http://www.4shared.com/document/aaEOveJ4/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26-TL126_WT6E.html

  44. #44chrisw21_20002011-10-27 08:22

    Thanks for the manuals tool king

  45. #45sharpshooter932011-11-28 11:40

    Tried the down load links you provided. for i to need a service manual on a tl26. they respond as being deleted. any advice ? thanks

  46. #46tool_king2011-11-29 22:42

    sharpshooter93 Here are the manuals .When I upload a lot of manuals it will fill up my upload folder.So I will delete the older uploads. Hope these help you out.Downloa these links. http://www.4shared.com/document/INxQRCC8/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26_WT5-101E21.html http://www.4shared.com/document/kNh1FeF5/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26-TL126_WT6E.html http://www.4shared.com/document/rbXNGYRz/PARTS_MANUAL_TL26_PT5-101Z5-11.html http://www.4shared.com/document/JuwOW1Rn/OPERATORS_MANUAL_TL26_OT5-109E.html Thanks ED

  47. #47mdurbahn2011-11-30 12:16

    Sorry to Hijack, But Tool King, I was wondering if you have a GEHL 5625 service or operating manual by chance??

  48. #48tool_king2011-11-30 12:47

    GEHL 5625 service or operating manual by chance?? mdurbahn I might have it.I will check when I get home tonight.I have them in my other laptop.I do I will upload them and put the links here. thanks ed

  49. #49mdurbahn2011-11-30 22:39

    Cool!

  50. #50sharpshooter932011-12-03 20:46

    thanks tool king, for up loading the manuals, would have gotten back to you sooner, have been away. these will really help. thanks jim.

  51. #51tool_king2011-12-03 21:54

    Tl26 sharpshooter93 Hope they help you out .You are welcome.

  52. #52tool_king2011-12-03 22:02

    mdurbahn I only have the parts manual for your GEHL 5625 machine .If you would like it can post it or email you the link to download it.

  53. #53chrisw21_20002012-01-25 12:36

    Just as an update, I recently discovered What was wrong with my tl126. After rebuilding the drive motor and no luck, I pulled the drive pump out and found the problem. There is a brass faced steel plate that the piston assembly spins on that was scared up from running dry. No luck on replacement part. I faced it off in a lathe and lapped in with 2000 grit paper. Still have to reinstall the pump. Hopefully this fixed it.

  54. #54rkdalby2012-02-02 11:56

    tl 26 manuals Do you still have the manuals.If so I need all I.E. service manual,operators manual,parts list etc.

  55. #55Haybale2012-04-21 14:29

    I have just purchased a tl26, and I seem to be having a problem with the engine getting hot. I installed a new thermostat, and looked over the radiator inside and out. The only thing I noticed is the air flow pushes out instead of pulling in. I am at a loss on what to do. Any ideals would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have the Tech manual for this machine? Thanks,

  56. #56tool_king2012-04-21 19:45

    rkdalby ,Haybale and anyone else that needs the manuals Download these links . http://www.4shared.com/office/_Ma1aTS7/OPERATORS_MANUAL_TL26_OT5-109E.html http://www.4shared.com/office/lTbAw_fH/PARTS_MANUAL_TL26_PT5-101Z5-11.html http://www.4shared.com/office/ImN5xXDb/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26_WT5-101E21.html http://www.4shared.com/office/9iQiwGbX/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26-TL126_WT6E.html

  57. #57chrisw21_20002012-04-22 13:28

    Keep the door closed on top. I had problems with mine till I left it completely closed and wash radiator.

  58. #58Haybale2012-04-22 13:47

    First let me say thank you to tool_king. I very much appreciate the manuals. Now, does your machine suck the air in the back or blow it out across the radiator?

  59. #59Yellowstroker2013-01-28 23:22

    Does anyone know what cranking amp or battery size for a TL26 takeuchi I just bought one yesterday and the markings on the battery are gone and the battery is dead hoping I can get a answer before tomarrow before I call the dealer

  60. #60tool_king2013-01-29 08:31

    Yellowstroker The battery size is a group 31 series battery .Deka ,Interstate and other make them .You can get them at any auto parts store.

  61. #61Yellowstroker2013-02-02 20:15

    We jumped it to put it on the trailer and to take it off now I got a new battery and installed it and it won't start it does a clicking sound once and then nothing the battery light flashes though

  62. #62tool_king2013-02-03 14:37

    Sounds like the stater soliode is not spinning the starter ,fuel rack in injection pump could be making the sound or a relay is not closing .Book show a lever lock switch .You could have a bad ground on the negative cable.Call me at 1-201-832-1606 my work cell .I will try to help you over the phone with it . thanks ED

  63. #63tool_king2013-02-03 22:16

    Yellowstroker Check out these link .Look at the engine troubleshooting section .These are the repair manuals for the TL26 http://www.4shared.com/office/KNyLFOCw/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26_WT5-101E21.html http://www.4shared.com/office/DiPUl7Eb/SERVICE_MANUAL_TL26-TL126_WT6E.html thanks ED

  64. #64Yellowstroker2013-02-06 23:22

    turns out the starter was not locked up but the electrical end was jacked up.. it was a original from 1994 thanks everyone for the help.

  65. #65msjones3602013-02-28 11:35

    Can anyone tell me how much HYDRAULIC FLUID I need for the entire TL26 machine? And (excuse my ignorance) is there any particular type and/or brand I need? My mechanic said 25 gallons, but didn't specify much else.

  66. #66chrisw21_20002013-02-28 12:10

    API class ce 10w-30. I use universal tractor fluid in mine. Calls for 50 liters in book.

  67. #67msjones3602013-02-28 22:38

    TL26 Fluid change ( capacity, capacities ) Thanks for the prompt reply! 50 ltrs or 13.2 gallons is what Takeuchi said, too. I couldn't find enough 10w-30 so I am going to put Rotella 15w-40 in it instead. Also, you can run this in the motor, as well. 6.5 liters. FYI- Class C means to use oil for Diesels not Gas motors which are type S. MJ

  68. #68Yellowstroker2013-03-04 20:07

    does anyone know what size the bolts are that secure the cab to the frame above the engine area. i know they are metric but i need to know the thread pitch and diameter of the bolt i really dont want to pay 50 bucks a peice at the dealer hopefully ace hardware will have it.

  69. #69rospaw2013-09-24 04:40

    Hellcat, not sure if you still have any of the order/part numbers/any info on the parts for the planetary? I bought a tl26-2 with 3 of my planetary gears (2 of the rear larger one and one of the outer gears)chipped and bearings bad. Can't find the gears or bearing/seals ect so i'm forced to cut new gears and harden them ;( . Any numbers or contacts would be great. Rospaw

  70. #70BigO-L32013-10-05 23:37

    TK ............ do you have manuals for the TL140?

  71. #71jmexcavator112014-06-29 13:52

    I have a tl 26 and all hyd.works great except for left side track it turns but when I chock it with a 2 x 4 it stops like a loss of pressure.But I can chock the right side and it will start busting the 2 x4 so the right side track is working.What could this be?Left side will back up fine though.Any suggestions?

  72. #72jhale85032014-11-30 09:04

    New to this forum, been reading along & I am in need of the service manuals on a tl26, or some insight on adjusting the hydraulic pumps. I have bee working on equipment for several years & cannot for the life of me get these pumps to stay neutral. I have clicked on the above links for the service manuals with no luck, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

  73. #73tool_king2014-11-30 09:39

    jhale8503 I will reload the links or email them to you .what is email address .

  74. #74jhale85032014-11-30 10:07

    [email protected] is where you can send them, I greatly appreciate your assistance.

  75. #75tool_king2014-11-30 17:21

    jhale8503 check you email.if anyone else needs the let me know. thanks ed

  76. #76bobcan2014-11-30 18:44

    I've never been around one, but these Specs should be quite accurate _ always found them to be good for other machines at least.. Good Luck!! http://www.ritchiespecs.com/specifi...oader&make=Takeuchi&model=TL26&modelid=103769

  77. #77Yellowstroker2015-02-05 18:38

    i have a early model tl26 i want to get a grapple for it but i need to know if i can use one, i have a rockhound already and it works great but i notice when i borrowed my friends auger i only got use of the auxiliary function one way. it would dig but not reverse itself, i have a new cable from the foot pedal to the valve but not getting any dual control, anyone have any ideas?

  78. #78chansey2015-04-24 23:32

    Hi All, I too stay away from the "stealerships". The TL26 is an offshore product so don't feel guilty about having to buy parts shipped in from those who have them. I need a complete wire harness for a TL26 from the dash back--electrical short---lots of damage, Anyone have one or know where to get one? Paul

  79. #79BigO-L32016-07-23 17:53

    I would appreciate manuals for TL140, if available. [email protected] thanks, Otis

  80. #80tool_king2016-07-23 23:05

    BigO-L3 Otis manuals emailed sent to you .

  81. #81chris.79c2017-10-04 19:59

    tool_king could you please email me the links for the service manual for the takeuchi tl26 THANK YOU in advance

  82. #82tool_king2017-10-06 20:02

    Chris what is your email address ?

  83. #83williamh882018-06-25 13:54

    tool_king could you please email me the links for the service manual for the takeuchi tl26 [email protected] thank you

  84. #84Peter Craymer2020-04-06 12:01

    Newbie on the forum. Does anyone out there still have the TL26 service manuals available? I have one that I am replacing the alternator, lift arm seals and troubleshooting the fuel cutoff solenoid and the operator manual isn't worth the paper it's printed on. The electrical diagram is great except that there is no identification to the location or name of the device on the unit physically! SV doesn't tell me much! Spent a lot of time tracing wires! Any help will be appreciated! Thanks, Peter [email protected]

  85. #85tool_king2020-04-06 13:32

    Manuals were emailed to you .

  86. #86vitobill2021-08-25 09:06

    Hey, does anybody have the OPERATORS MANUAL for a TL-26-2? I'm specifically looking for the meaning of the warning lights. Thanks in advance!

  87. #87tool_king2021-08-25 23:11

    What's your email ?

  88. #88vitobill2021-08-26 07:45

    [email protected] Thanks!

  89. #89vitobill2021-09-21 20:28

    Hi there, I need a new radiator for my TL26...does anybody have any recommendations? I am having trouble finding one with the part numbers in the parts manual.

  90. #90heymccall2021-09-21 21:10

    I came up with this out of the manual...1910103002. It appears to be a typo, since it won't go into any of my online sources. You're gonna have to contact takeuchi or a dealer for the correct part number.

  91. #91vitobill2021-09-22 18:32

    I contacted my local dealer and he couldn't figure it out either. He had to contact Takeuchi directly. There is NO new part number and Takeuchi doesn't supply the radiator anymore. I guess I'll have to repair what I got, IF it can be repaired! We shall see... Thanks for your help and I'll let you know what happens.

  92. #92Michael A2022-07-05 16:02

    Hey tool_king would you be able to email me the operator and service manual for the Takeuchi TL26? My email is [email protected] . Thanks in advance!

  93. #93Michael A2022-08-03 14:22

    Does anyone still have the operator and service manual for the Takeuchi TL26? If you could email it to me it would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected] .

  94. #94LSC2023-04-22 11:33

    I'm working on a Takeuchi TL26 2 that has had alot of other fingers in it. Disconnected and uncapped hydraulic lines, cut and half assed spliced wires, and enough greasy dirt and debris to fill a 30 gallon barrel. Replacing the starter and trying to get it to run again. Looking for a service manual to see where the hydraulic lines are supposed to go and what the wires that were hacked were supposed to do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  95. #95tool_king2023-04-22 15:37

    What is your email ?

  96. #96LSC2023-04-22 18:17

    [email protected]

  97. #97LSC2023-04-22 21:41

    Received the manuals. Thank you very much.

  98. #98LSC2023-05-15 12:43

    Changed all of the filters and got the engine running. Removed 250 pounds of oily sand and dirt from inside of the chassis. Trying to get the fuel shut off solenoid adjusted. I am not sure if this is a factory setup or not. Part of the bracket looks factory but the arms that hold the solenoid either broke off and were "repaired" or the someone added the solenoid after the fact. Machine model number is TL26 2 and the serial number is 2620730. I am also looking for a replacement engine fan. The disconnected hoses belong to a hydraulic assembly that is mounted on the floor of the chassis. I believe it is a "flash" assembly that is supposed to connect to two smaller ports on the drive motors. Two hoses appear to have connected to the RH drive motor and the other side of the block is teed to two hoses that head towards the LH drive motor and hydraulic tank. What is flash and does it need to be reinstalled? Thanks

  99. #99Incline2023-08-13 19:36

    Hi all, I have a TL26 and am in need of the service manual. Great machine, typically I am able to figure out any required repair but currently I am stymied in my attempt to diagnose troubleshoot the shutoff solenoid. I extend my gratitude in advance in the hope that someone may be able to email said manual. [email protected]

  100. #100Garrison Cook2023-08-13 20:15

    I may have it inwill look tomorrow

  101. #101tool_king2023-08-13 21:34

    Incline Manuals emailed to you .

  102. #102Incline2023-08-14 12:51

    Tool king, much appreciated. The manuals have been downloaded and am eagerly reading now. Best Regards, Incline

  103. #103Incline2023-08-14 16:06

    Thank you very much for the replies. Tool King came through! Best, Incline

  104. #104tool_king2023-08-14 22:30

    You are welcome .

  105. #105RGA2023-10-24 04:32

    Hello everyone, I am new at this forum. I've got failed hydraulic pump on Takeuchi TL26. Does anyone know is it still possible to find a replacement pump anywhere nowadays? Used or reconditioned - any option could be considered. I tried to search online but nothing really comes up. Thank you in advance

  106. #106chrisw21_20002023-10-25 06:21

    If you pull the pump apart, you can see if the damage is bad enough not to repair it. I faced off the internal parts and reassembled and have been using for years

  107. #107The Real Sasquatch2023-12-19 18:11

    Hello, I found this forum while google searching TL 26 issues. So I'm brand new here. I am looking at a 4000 hour TL26-2 that is still being used by a smaller owner operated excavation company. He said that there is a leak at one of the joysticks. Its small and he has just been topping off the fluid every couple months. If I end up purchasing it, I would like to fix it. Is it a big deal and has anybody here had it happen? Also what else should I look for as far as known areas that may show abuse ,etc. I plan on using it around my house and shop. Plowing my driveway and parking lot. And also to build and maintain some trails, and my property. Its a small 5.32 acre slice of heaven. I think that if its in good shape, it should do what I want. Also as my name may suggest, I am on the bigger side. 6'9" and around 275-300 pounds depending on what I ate. How is the legroom in the cab? I've heard that this brand has larger cabs. I used to work for a developer in the early 2000's. For about 10 years. I ran a case 1845c,case XT75 and then a Cat 236 skid steer, spent most of my time in a cat 320 excavator. Recently I was running a Komatsu CTL and the na Deere 333G. That Deere is so strong!! I know the TL26 will be closer to the older machines I ran. Back then I also maintained and did some of the easier repairs when machines were not inside the warranty. I now own my own business, Vehicle lettering and powersports graphics/parts/gear. So I would not use it very heavily. Maybe pallets of firewood, or parts orders here and there. Snow ,yard work and trail building. Maybe work it a few hours a day here and there. And a full day or 2 here and there. But also sit for weeks. Sorry for the long post, Thank You to everybody who has posted info on this machine so far. It sounds like a solid machine.

  108. #108jjpcr250 TL262024-05-12 22:09

    Hello tool king, could you please send all takeuchi tl26 manuals? Battling a drive motor issue also or pump still digging into it. THANK YOU in advance!!! thread still going 12 plus years you rock. [email protected]

  109. #109jturley2024-05-16 07:31

    Hi tool_king...can I get the tl26 manuals email to me? [email protected] . Thank you!!

  110. #110wreckit312024-08-15 22:05

    Hi tool_king any possible way you could email me the tl 26 repair manual [email protected]

  111. #111tool_king2024-08-15 23:09

    On the way to you .

  112. #112tool_king2024-08-16 21:19

    I tried to email them to you but it kicked it back to me .

  113. #113Crazy Marty2024-08-24 17:37

    Hello everyone. Looking for help. I have the old TL 26 2 from 2000. It’s been a good working machine tell now. I had a final drive slow down a month ago. Had the tractor checked by the shop. They said final drive was bad. Since it’s not available I sent it to Texas Final Drive near Huston Tx. They had the drive for 4 weeks. Then called me up and said we can’t get parts so come get it or we will toss it in the trash. Went down and looked at the problem. Nothing major but none the less. They put it in boxes and set it in the back of my truck. Come to discover they didn’t return my old main bearings. The two big ones and the shims for it. So now I’m totally screwed. Dealer part numbers don’t do anything. I need the actual numbers off a bearing, does anyone have it? The dealership says they can get me the seals. But part number from the actual parts would be better. Anyone have information on part numbers other than the manufacturer number. My drive is a Sumitomo Eaton. If I can’t get parts I don’t know what to do. It runs like a top. I just finished replacing all the hoses and having the rams packed. Changed the idlers and drive sprockets. New seat. New fuel shutoff solenoid. It’s basically a new machine again. But Texas FInal Drive just screwed me hard. I literally just finished putting 10K into it and this happened. So if anyone has actual part numbers I would appreciate it.

  114. #114tool_king2024-08-24 18:48

    A good bearing /seal shop should be able to help . By micing the shaft and seal openings . You also might be able upgrade it to a newer final drive . I would be all over their ass on the missing parts . Tell you guys took it apart and lost it . So come up with it .

  115. #115Crazy Marty2024-08-24 20:56

    I will be on them like Ticks on Monday. There’s nothing to mic. Because it’s the large bearings and floating seals. Along with the shim for the bearings. If someone has the actual numbers off the bearings that would help resolve the problem. Not sure if the shims are available anymore. I’m going to try to retrofit the drives. IF possible. I have measurements that is needed for that. But im not holding my breath.

  116. #116Crazy Marty2024-08-26 23:42

    Little update. Texas Final Drive has not called back. I guess they are just going to ignore me. So I went through all the parts they gave me back. So I keep finding other things. The list of missing parts is 2 main bearings. 1 main bearing shim pack. And the biggest one is a missing pin for the piston plate locator. List of extra parts. 3 nylon bushings about an inch or more in size. A little bearing or pin that has no place. So the way things ate going I’ll probably part it out. Engine runs like a top. Pumps and all hydraulics are good. All new hoses, fresh rebuilt rams. A good straight frame and arms. New idlers and drive gears. Tracks 50% Good drive parts. I probably have around 15K invested in this by now. Cooling system is all clean and fresh. New alternator in the box. New fuel shut down solenoid. So if Texas Final Drive refuses to help find a good replacement. I won’t know what to do. Any suggestions would be helpful. But on a good side I have a couple of part numbers to share for the drive.

  117. #117Crazy Marty2024-08-27 14:18

    So here is my, root cause analysis video of the. Takeuchi TL-26 Final Drive, double planetary gear, failure. I found a complete used unit and just need to sit around tell it get here. Hopefully it's good.

  118. #118Crazy Marty2024-08-27 23:20

    Does anyone know what other pump systems we can swap over to since we basically can’t get parts anymore? I would like to swap over to a different pump and coupler that can work on the Isuzu 4JB1 engine. Of course the pump system needs to operate on the hydraulic pilot control system. So if anyone has ideas please toss it out there.

  119. #119RandalInd2024-09-09 15:41

    Tool_King - please email service and parts manual to [email protected] Appreciated !

  120. #120RandalInd2024-09-10 22:46

    Any prior recipient of Tool_Kings manual willing to share to another? Just put a TL26-2 into our small fleet Thank you

  121. #121Crazy Marty2024-09-13 10:32

    Can someone identify this? They said it’s off of a TL 26. But it’s nothing close to what I have. My drive only has three lines.

  122. #122Crazy Marty2024-09-13 15:38

    I have ID it as the early drive unit. Serial 2620002=2620809. It has a flashing valve in the system where mine does not. So can I just plug the flashing ports? What does this flashing valve do? Looking at the pictures it looks like it goes into the return side of the pump itself. Any help would be great.