Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl8 electrical problem

JAIS A HANSEN · 2022-12-09 19:16

I have a 2017 Takeuchi tl8. I went to use it the other day and it started, however it won’t move. I discovered the fuse #10 called a theft arrestor was blown. I put another fuse in and watch it and as soon as I turned the key on it blows the fuse. I’m fairly good at electrical trouble shooting so I took the cover off and looked for any frayed or damaged wires and I could not find any. Next I put one lead of my meter to the the ground and the other I put on where fuse #10 goes and it read 0.4 ohms. I check all the other fuses this way and a few of them all have continuity to ground which does not make sense to me. There should be no continuity to ground. I have the shop manual and look at the print and it goes to j75 and also and air suspension which I don’t belief the machine has. Anyone have any thoughts or things to check.

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2022-12-09 19:42

    No chance of sharing the schematic? Air suspension would be the "deluxe" operator's seat. Even if not equipped, the harness may still be there. Have you inspected under and around the seat?

  2. #2JAIS A HANSEN2022-12-09 20:03

    I have added the schematic