Hey everyone, I have spent the last hour reading posts on CTL's I really like Takeuchi machines. I have a TB 15 with over 12 000 hrs on it and still going on original engine. Has anyone had experiences with their CTL's? I looked at one once and it seemed to be a heavy duty unit. I would use it for a wide variety of things including snow removal and my shop, unloading dirt from our barge, backfill and forkwork. I am interested in whether any machines are better at climbing and descending steep slopes than others? we often must drive up and down steep grades when unloading the barge? Thank you
They are awesome machines, IMHO the best as far as durability, the only problem is that you mention snow removal, Tak's and other CTL's suck at snow removal they go over deep snow great but frozen ground and snow covered concrete can get hairy. The ASV and Cat's are better at snow removal
i agree about the snow removal. we have a tl150 where i work and the tracks are narrow for moving snow. i'd imagine they'd do alright in a parking lot. if you are going up or down slopes make sure u have a bucket or other implement on. the balance is good but the are more biased towards the rear.
I have a TL 130, and a RC 30 and ASV is the ticket for hills, grading. The 130 is more of a horse, very stout, very reliable, will push dirt like no other in weight class. the reliability of my ASV has been not so good.
we have an asv rc100...love it but have issues with over heating (of course we use a mulcher on ours tho) chris (dirtman) has a tl150 that he loves and he has some great videos of it in action
While Speaking of me I'll chip in my 2 cents The takeuchi skid steers can not be compared with any other brand In my opinion. It will do things that no other machine will stnd up too. Their little tanks I tell you. We've had very good luck with ours, It's got some battle scars from hell to prove it too. Not we run into stuff on purpose but it happens mostly when doing logging/ clearing projects. We have almost 1150hrs on the thing and have had it less than 2 years. I don't run the thing much now but my helper does ( that's who's put the battle scars on it ) here's some vids http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zuYiSwL8mzQ Here's one where the tak is in mud up to the cab! http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MEg5dCfCCqI Moving some dirt fast http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ls9XGP7oCMI
I wish Tankeuchi made wheeled skid steers. As much as I love their machines I know using it for snow will make up a small but important part of it time. It is very overwhelming trying to pick a skid steer. I have narrowed it to a wheeled variety at 75+ hp with cab and heat. I like the Cat pilot controls but you pay a premium for their machines. Has anyone had experience with Gehl and Komatsu skidsteers? I see that Gehl using the Duetz engines. Will it have the same head gaskets problems that they had in the Bobcat machines? Thank you
I just found a nice archive thread on Gehl........ fairly positve. Which is really making me consider them.
i've run a gehl wheeled machine. i didn't like the twist controls. it wasn't a fancy machine i understand the same machine can be hand with pilot controls also.
Yeah after running pilot controls its quite confussing trying to figure out how to run one of those Gehl skid steers with the twist controls. I'll stick with my takeuchi control pattern... It makes sense
The Gehl 7810 has pilot controls as far as I know. I love our Takeuchis but they are not good in the snow.
I have been looking at the two models down from the 7810. I havn't got the pricing back yet but I will let you know what it is in canadian dollars
Thats true despite the new Cat 279-299c series, the reason cat and asv track loaders have always had a chance in the winter is because the asv style tracks have straight across cuts for tread, similar to a snowmobile track, as opposed to having "pads" like everyone else. Now, however, the 'strictly' Cat 279-299 series have padded tracks almost identical to New Holland tracks therefore worthless on icey/snow coverd cement asphalt etc.. Having said that, my opinion on snow removal is save the headache and/or embarrasment, get a wheel loader to push snow if at all possible
chris does the tak use one stick for all machine motion and one for all loader function? that is how the ASV/Cat machines work
Yes the TL's are the same pattern as ASV. I bought two TL150 and I later found out that the Mustang brand is made by Tak and the cost differance was about 6 thousand. The kicker was the Mustang that compares to the 150 comes with Hi Flow and is still cheaper than a standard tl150. I am working with a tire chain company to produce a set of chains for the track loaders. As soon as the prototype is done I post a vid. Jeff
i think there are some place out there that make studs to put on the tracks, one place i seen was skidsteer soultions.
somebody should make a set of steel tracks to go on a ctl. rubber is cool on sod, but for rocks and demo, steel is king. Would kinda fill in a void now that the small track loader like the 350 & 450 deere and others have left the market.
the early taks had steel tracks TL26 i think was the model i seen them but man they are noisy at full speed
I demoed a tak but It beat me to death compared to my ASV
Yes the ASV has the best ride. There is just no comparison in the way they are built. We can go on and on about which one is better but it all depends on what you are doing with it. In my line of work and for what we do with it the TAK is the better suited machine. I do alot of back fill and loading with it. The break out force when i bought my 150 was best in class. I felt the power to push piles for backfiling was better than alll the rest. Now if I wanted hi flow and speed I would consider the ASV. The hydros on the ASV are awesome, no one can argue that.
I recently bought an 07' tl150 and primarily use it for clearing land, tree removal, and trash pick-up. It's a beast and will push some fairly large trees down. So far it has been very reliable.