I have a guy who is offering a T190 03 model if I remember with 2200hrs currently. I dont know what these are capable of, and what if any problems are associated with this model? What is the general concensus of opinion contractors have on this machine? He wants $14k or trade for a 30+hp tractor for the T190 and overall the machine looks well taken care of, what do you think? I happen to have a tractor he is interested in.
I sold many of those machines (over 200 tracked Bobcats). My personal opinion is that they are underpowered for their weight. We had problems with motor mounts breaking back then, drive motor failures due to heat buildup when working in muddy conditions, and frustrating things associated with machine vibration and rough ride (loose bolts, cracked hyd. lines, cracks toward the front of the undercarriage, front and rear idler failures, etc.) look the machine over very closely and get the service records looking for drive motor replacements and front and rear idlers. Good luck.
Underpowered, loud, way too much feedback in the AHC. These machines are IMHO incompetent. You don't have to look far to do much better. If you want a BC the T250 is much better.
thx wow, I guess the masses have spoken. You guys have said enough and evidently everyone else agrees or they would have spoken up. Thanks for your input.
im buying a t250 what do think of the lifting of the t250 compared to the t300. radius lift compared to vertical lift any better or worse
mr. wild bill, I've got the cab up, what bar are you talking about that you removed?
take a look at Cat's new CTL's (Compact Track Loaders) link on Cat's Website "Cat Compact Track Loaders" 279C 289C 299C
It would,nt be a bad thing for 14K would it you guys ? And he can swap his tractor for it , sound's OK to me .
I'm not an operator, but I've worked on many so my two cents: Barring any issues, the price seems right, on some conditions. I'm partial to Bobcat's probably because I have a lot of experience with their quirks and tricks, but the T180/190 is probably my least favorite current production model. I think it all boils down to size, and the perception that this machine looks more capable than it really is. It looks like a tank, and I think folks tend to overwork them, and they end up broken, seemingly more than the larger Bobcat CTLs. It is only a 1800 or 1900 lb. class loader, after all. If you keep in mind that it is basically an S185, or 773 with tracks, or a more stable platform with better go in the mud, and don't try to do things that would be better handled by a large-frame T250-320, then it is a good machine with a bad rap. I would absolutley NOT buy any used Bobcat with SJC, and I almost hate ACS. I would not buy any new SJC or ACS machine unless I was at a point where it was economical to buy every two years with extended warranty, like a HERTZ or a majorly big construction outfit. Being in this forum, you're most likely a DIYer. If this T190 is a Joystick machine(SJC), it is my opinion that it's a money pit, and for $14K I wouldn't advise it if you're planning on keeping it and tinkering with it yourself. Almost as much so if it's an ACS (electric over hydraulic hand and foot controls), but not so bad as the former. If it's a mechanical foot pedal machine that starts and runs well, that's a seemingly good deal, and keeping in mind this model's limitations, I'd say go for it. But it's all subjective, man......
yeah the older g series sjc are junk and money pits controllers area about 2500 dollars on the t250 and bigger i don't know the price on the 180 190 controllers but probably pretty close to the same also as the sjc machines get older and get wear in the pumps they don't travel as fast and seem to need the steering calibrated more and more the new sjc are more service friendly as they put coils and stems on the pumps instead of a hyd controller that if something goes wrong its buy a new controller because they don't see parts separately to service them as far as power it all depends on what you are trying to do with it and the conditions granted a turn or two on the fuel screw helps out a lot the t250 and 300 are pretty strong also as far as lift paths it all depends on what you are doing low side dump loading a t250 would work great high side both will reach the t250 you are right on top of the truck to load it the 300 gives you a little more room also it lifts higher so you don't struggle to get the load in the truck also the lift paths the 300 has less visibility that the 250 so a lot of guys like the 250 for that reason
go get a Gehl, Mustang or Takeuchi track machine and have something. All gehl and mustang track machines are made by takeuchi and are a tank, not as easy on ride but a lot less down time. just my 2 cents:drinkup
I think that is a fair assessment of the T190. I would have been much harder on it but this is fair. The 190 is by far the weakest tracked machine I can think of. It and the CAT 257B are almost equally worthless for anything other than lift and carry type applications.