Has anybody ever taken the cab off a Komatsu PC75? Any suggestions or ideas as to how easy it is?
High trailer, low bridge and provided the boom is down real low and you have a good speed its quite easy. The hard part is getting it back on again afterwards, they just dont line up properly. Seriously, I have never done it, with or without a bridge but if you think about it logically it wont be that difficult. I would expect Servo pipes will be routed to avoid conflict and the same with the wiring harness. There are probably 4 threaded holes in the roof or around the top of it so that lugs can be screwed in. I would expect 4 bolts from underneath to hold it in place. Once you have found the lifting points, then find the securing bolts BEFORE you get too involved in a lifting frame/device make sure you have access to the bolts. You may need to slew the house between the tracks, thats a PITA if you already have a lift set up :Banghead Once you are happy that the securing bolts are out and you start to lift check and double check that things are clear, not caught or ripping themselves apart. There are a couple of Komatsu guys on here that I am sure will give you a help if anything is not straight forward. Dont forget the pictures
Thanks for the felp so far, keep the advice coming!
I'll bump this up again as I cant believe for one second that I got it bang on correct at the first hit shirley somebody has a comment to make. Have you got any further with little adventure, even investigation of lifting points or quantity of bolts.
Hello, the cabs are usually easy to remove. There are bolts around the bottom of the cab bolting it to the main frame. There should be wires to unplug for the windshield wipers and lights. The cab shell will come off leaving everything inside. I believe there should be a lifting point on the top corners of the cab. I hope this answers your questions. Ktbaugh
:falldownlaugh
Yeah I took it off last friday. It wasn't too hard 12 bolts a few wires, an impact gun and a 2.5 foot long extention. Its actually a crane, not an excavator, but other than the boom and the big counterweight its a PC75. The reason I'm taking the cab off is so I can cut a bigger flat window that opens into the roof to replace that curved piece of plexiglass.
Great result, thanks for the feedback. Thats quite an unusual machine have you anymore pics? I played with something similar on a tunnel construction job several years ago, very handy tool.
Yeah I've got some working pics at work, I'll post some of them on monday.
Was that last Monday and I missed them, or next Monday and I'm too early Would still love to see the pics if you get a chance. :drinkup Did you get the hole cut and cab back on ok?