Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takuechi tl12

rockman ยท 2014-06-28 21:17

Has anyone got one of the new TAKEUCHI TL12 at all ?. Looking at replacing my TAKEUCHI TL250 with one and just wondering what people thought of the new one's ?. What sort of opitions did you go with and was there anything else that you wished that you had got when you ordered one ?. Cheers

Replies9
  1. #1lumberjack2014-06-28 22:32

    I had a TL250 (Mustang MTL325), replaced it with a SVL90-2 mainly because could sell the MTL325 to the Kubota dealer and finance the new Kubota 100%. It also matches my excavator nicely (KX057). I looked at the TL12 after I agreed to purchase the SVL, mainly out of curiosity. If I were getting a TL12, I would get: Cab with AC Power Attach High Flow Additional Aux Circuits Attachment Electrical Controls Counterweight Kit Radio Depending on the application, a lexan door and auxiliary cooler. Basically get all the options, as I'm an owner/operator. What's your application?

  2. #2rockman2014-06-28 22:47

    I have the TL250 , it has about 3000hrs on it so time to replace My main work is attachment style work , I have a Simex 600 & 1000mm profilier / stabilizer , a Simex asphalt float , a Shebechi planer , and a couple of different style's of broom's including a 4-1 pick up broom . My main work is small roadwork / repairs for the local councils . I was doing house pads but the building industry has slowed down so much a few years ago that I had to change or get out . At the moment , the current tl250 has a set of rear-mounted rippers , I will get that set-up on the new one as well . I'm also an owner / operator as well

  3. #3lumberjack2014-06-28 23:08

    Had any overheating issues? Additional hydraulic cooling could be handy if so. Can you post some pictures of the rippers?

  4. #4rockman2014-06-28 23:14

    this is my set-up on my trailer .. I have had no issues's with overheating but I have heard you can over-heat with a mulcher , but I have nevere run one myself

  5. #5lumberjack2014-06-29 01:08

    Nice, thanks. What's on the roof?

  6. #6rockman2014-06-29 02:55

    its a watertank for my profiler and broom attachments

  7. #7pafarmer2014-06-30 21:07

    That's one cool looking setup ! How does the ripper work ? Any video of it in action ?

  8. #8rockman2014-07-01 06:49

    pafarmer , sorry no video's they work really well . my core business was doing house pads , I used to have a new holland cl190 , the big tracked machine , it nearly broke me with problems The Tak gets through the house pads with this ripper set-up about 30-40% quicker then the new holland . I just brought the latest TL12 Tak today , delivery on Monday , see what all the fuss is about I suppose ...lol

  9. #9pafarmer2014-07-01 11:29

    Thanks. Best of luck with the new machine....maybe a picture or two for the people of HEF.....