Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

talk me into this backhoe or out of it please.

92b16si ยท 2011-11-01 09:57

been looking around for a decent hoe. I been looking for a cat for the past 5-6 months and all the good deals seem to slip trough my fingers. my budget is 20k i found this nice looking new hollands 555e here is the link http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/2671729319.html should i contact the seller or just keep looking. I love the price

Replies21
  1. #1caver2011-11-01 12:06

    Little Tractor in Metropolis IL had a 555E that he was asking 12K for. I waited a few hours too long and someone else bought it. A couple posters on another forum had that era of hoe and were happy with it.

  2. #292b16si2011-11-01 14:04

    darn and my brother lives in chicago too. so it is a decent machine? just need it for farm work, and possible to digg a pond, to store rain water.

  3. #3caver2011-11-01 16:05

    Ask Eddie Walker on tractorbynet.

  4. #4tonka2011-11-01 17:08

    ""This posting has been deleted by its author.""

  5. #592b16si2011-11-01 17:36

    ouch.... well, is this a machine i should be looking into? or should i look at something else?

  6. #62stickbill2011-11-01 17:52

    Be extra careful buying on Craiglist.Lots of scams and crooks on it.Scams and thieves are on all sites now looking for a sucker.

  7. #792b16si2011-11-01 18:23

    been looking on ebay, ironplanet. dont know where else to look at

  8. #8caver2011-11-01 18:54

    Try govt deals auction site here

  9. #992b16si2011-11-03 16:43

    Some one help me find a decent backhoe . Iam willing to pay a finders fee. I need this machine like two months ago.

  10. #10Bill Smith2011-11-04 07:12

    How far would you travel to find one ? As well how much are you willing to pay to truck this machine ? $$$$$$$$$$$$$

  11. #11trevor b2011-11-04 11:39

    92b16si there is an 91 580k 4x4 ext hoe w-cab near ottawa ont canada for $ 15.500.00 trevor b.

  12. #1292b16si2011-11-04 17:53

    my burget is 20k max placed in laredo tx. I have to pay import fee's to mexico, so the machine will cost me about 6k plus another 2k to ship it home.

  13. #13cutter5552011-11-14 01:56

    92b16si there is an 91 580k 4x4 ext hoe w-cab near ottawa ont canada for $ 15.500.00 trevor b. Hi Trev. I'm looking for one too (a case 580) and am in Canada. Where did you see this?

  14. #14Bill Smith2011-11-14 06:54

    580 se I saw this 580 SE for sale looks in good shape if interested let me know and I will find out

  15. #1592b16si2011-11-14 12:08

    is a 96 580sl 4x4 for 19,500 expensive. i will need this down in texas. shipping would be 2,300. what do you guys think?

  16. #16dpittselectric2011-11-17 16:07

    agree with previous post on trying govt disposal sometimes you can find a one of a kind deal

  17. #1792b16si2011-11-17 16:51

    just bought the 96 guys what do you guys think.

  18. #18waglecm2011-11-17 16:57

    test

  19. #1992b16si2011-11-17 18:48

    seemed really solid. no pin play. motor ran strong. hydraulics lifted and soothly. I left the machine up in the bucket and piston and it stood up . no major oil leakes, just from one hose.

  20. #20funkinalive2011-11-17 19:16

    general opinion is quite positive on the case 580L series, how many hours?

  21. #2192b16si2011-11-17 19:41

    7thousands. he also put brand new front tires.