I'm looking for advice on moving my equipment before I buy the wrong thing. I have an IH TD-15C dozer that weighs in at 33,000 lbs. I'd like to have a tandem axle dump truck to haul gravel etc, something like a W900A KW with a 400 cummins, and a 20-25 ton tag trailer. Would a combination like this work? Be safe? Be sensible for moving the dozer? Or should I look at a day cab road tractor and a 25-35 ton lowboy? Looking for advice on the best/safest/sensible combination. Any advice is appreciated.
Don't know Alabama rules, but you should be more than fine with the tandem and tag. Truck weighs 25,000, trailer weighs 12,000, dozer weighs 33,000, Gross weight will be around 70,000 lbs. With the truck weighing 25, if you get 15,000 on the hitch, you'll only have 30,000 on trailer tandems. Just make sure the truck has a good, stout pintle plate with a good, 8-bolt pintle hook. Clear as mud?
Shimmy1, Thanks for the info, I'll check into the local laws and go from there.