Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tandem Pump Drive Spools.. control issue symptoms.. lag/sloppy

nsurdis ยท 2024-01-08 17:23

Hi All.. 2001 Thomas 245HDK My machine has always tracked perfectly - like you could pick up dimes with the bucket it was so accurate but a week or so ago the left side control got very sloppy and laggy .. and it didn't seem "synchronized" with the right side controls. At first I adjusted the linkage because the machine started creeping.. then I thought it was the drive motor, but after looking closely at the control linkage and the feeling the pintle plate sloppy, loose, wobbly, and the drive spool leaking.. I'm leaning/hoping to the drive spool and seal. I'm hoping this is what is causing my problems with my left side drive controls. I ordered a new spool and seal for it.. at $300 it was less than the $3000 for the drive motor and I'm starting with that. Are these control issue lag/sloppy symptoms something that would go along with a worn drive spool, spring plate, and o-rings?

Replies1
  1. #1nsurdis2024-01-08 17:30