I recently purchased a 2004 (I believe) Case 90XT. It was running great until we lifted the cover in the foot well to clean the machine. The foot pedal was secured with electrical wire which I removed. Ever since then, If the pedal is moved ever so slightly, the machine will not start. Ive been told the pedal is for the auxiliary hydraulics. Is there some sort of safety on it too so the machine will not start? What does the pedal actually do?
The foot petal runs your front outlets. Right side pressed down powers the male coupler and left side down powers the female coupler. If the petal is not in neutral, the engine will shut off or will not start. There is a switch in the aux valve for this.
Thank you for the quick response. Am I correct to assume the piece that bottom the pedal is connected to should actually move in and out like a ram? It doesn’t move at all
The foot petal attaches to a push pull cable 419383A that connects to the aux valve. The cable may be frozen up. With the floor plate removed, you should be able to follow the cable around the right side and see whats going on in there.
Bad Tom, Thank you. It looks like the portion of the cable that should actually move is bent. I will have to get in there a little deeper next week after these couple snow storms pass this week. I talked to the previous owner and he confirmed the auxiliary hydraulics were never used. There’s a rocker switch on the controller too that looks like it’s supposed to control the auxiliaries also. Thanks for the help. It’s much appreciated. I’ll report back after we are done plowing and I have time time to mess with it.
I think it's common for aux. linkages or cables to seize up when they aren't used. The same with float position on the lift valve.
Thank you. This is our first skid steer so I’m learning as we go. This forum has been a great asset. I’m going to tackle the project after this snowstorm comes thru this weekend